Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddibemcd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why DKP guilds don't deduct from totals when items are awarded.

Anyone who wants a drop could submit a blind bid with how many points they want to spend on said item and the winner has that number subtracted from his or her total.

Is there a drawback to such a system?
This system was used in my EQ2 raiding guild. I still think the problem remains that long time guild members are still going to have a crap ton of points over newer guild members for long time to come unless the aforementioned point adjustment is made. That being said Europa does not use any dkp system, but I guess we're not 'top-tier' like TMO/FE and maybe whatever BDA does.
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Old 12-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

I have to wonder if those kind of systems are really so unfair. I mean in VD there were a couple of people with full sky loot who spent a lot of time there with us (Anthrax, Roran etc) so of course when epics came out we hit them first.

Of course with TMO they are gearing their 3rd alts half the time so the whole situation becomes kind of silly, but in general I don't really see the problem. You put in the time, you get the phat lewts. What could be more fair than that?

Just to add I think that DKP + second price blind bids seems like a very reasonable system.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Fire Giant

I think the problem that I have with DKP now, or at least for the lesser guilds out there, is that without the release of Velious there are far less 'raid targets' to go around and therefore generally less loot being distributed among guilds. I would be more inclined to implement such a system come Velious, but I feel that if implemented now that it would lead to a general unnecessary collection of points. Unless the points were wiped come Velious but then some raiders might disagree with doing that.
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Old 12-29-2012, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

curve.

repeat: it's a curve.

So go ahead and be top. your total number removed will then be the most. you basically turn a distribution whose gradation goes from being sharp to flattened. You do this adjustment by officers and leader's discretion, like once a month if doing 7 day or 6 day routine. Less often if more casual.

Also, you do it if you guild merge in a bunch of new members. It's not hard. The goal is to keep a not-too-steep dkp distribution, and let people bid what they will. hopefully while drunk.

In any event, also, one shouldn't be a jerk. Know your place. Ya know, chanters? Well, sure, for kicks, but beyond a certain point not the cloth wearing must-gear.

It's not hard to be smart and free!

Wolverines!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:59 AM
Planar Protector

I wish /ran 100 was used more often. That way everybody would have a fair shot-
Old 12-29-2012, 06:05 AM
Sarnak

My guild runs on DKP, it is truly the best system.

Your raid, you get DKP. You spend DKP to get items. If you aren't acquiring items due to a lack of DKP, clearly you aren't doing enough to help out the guild in the first place. Properly ran DKP will always deduct from pool, once item has been bid on and taken. New members have no issue with getting planar loot, as the people with large DKP totals already have everything there. If something does drop that people with large DKP pools want watch those points just fly, bringing around next time for people with less DKP a shot at bidding on something highly desirable.

Loot council, NBG is pure bullshit. It generally has all the loot go to those who kiss the most ass.

Ive played in guilds that use that loot council bullshit. Its a terrible system, never knew at any given time when I would get anything. I would show the same frequency to guild raids as others, but never getting as much. Consistent bias in gearing certain long term members over new ones.

DKP removes all bias
Old 12-30-2012, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
curve.

repeat: it's a curve.

So go ahead and be top. your total number removed will then be the most. you basically turn a distribution whose gradation goes from being sharp to flattened. You do this adjustment by officers and leader's discretion, like once a month if doing 7 day or 6 day routine. Less often if more casual.

Also, you do it if you guild merge in a bunch of new members. It's not hard. The goal is to keep a not-too-steep dkp distribution, and let people bid what they will. hopefully while drunk.

In any event, also, one shouldn't be a jerk. Know your place. Ya know, chanters? Well, sure, for kicks, but beyond a certain point not the cloth wearing must-gear.

It's not hard to be smart and free!

Wolverines!
This would be great, if you didn't have people tracking or cared about tracking.

Good luck finding people that want to track with their effort getting shit on at the end of every month.
Closed Thread