Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Same 45 ppl logged on to red as there were last week before the current crop of red recruitment threads.

The reason I'm so confused, is all the insecure posts coming from Red players. They get seriously rustled that nobody wants to play on the crappy red server, but yet have to post here week in and week out, and the red population never goes up. It's really weak, and resembles an insecure lover who is always paranoid that they've made the wrong choice. It will only breed insecurity.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

I just spent a little bit cleaning this thread up. If you want to RNF, go make a thread in the proper forum.

Consider this your warning.

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 10-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

The thing is, people already know Red exists. You guys have aggressively and constantly spammed the Blue forums for the past several years with these desperate threads where you beg us to play on it. If people liked the idea, they'd come over.

You guys are like Jehova's Witnesses that knock on the same person's doors everyday.
Last edited by Sage Truthbearer; 10-17-2017 at 02:18 PM..
Old 10-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Kobold

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing is, people already know Red exists. You guys have aggressively and constantly spammed the Blue forums for the past several years with these desperate threads where you beg us to play on it. If people liked the idea, they'd come over.

You guys are like Jehova's Witnesses that knock on the same person's doors everyday.
So then go kill those people that knock on the same doors everyday... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2017, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want to make a new thread about Red99 in Blue RNF, and posting in Red RNF means only 20 ppl will see it. So can we just go ahead and move this thread to RNF?

As you can see the topic naturally creates flames, so should probably be there anyway
Agreed
Old 10-17-2017, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was convinced this was a legit post until he said he's a wizard that is having no trouble finding groups
Being able to port people around to form them on that server would help him alot.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

As an old TZ'er my experiences with red99 (7 bard/13 druid) here and there have been very limited, but fun for the times I've dabbled:

1) Kill a lowbie gnome in freeport while he's AFK. He gets super mad at me after I tell him gnomes don't belong in freeport and I don't care it was his banker alt he spent the last hour moving around before it was re-bound.

2) Chase the only other person I've seen around my level until they purple clubbed, then /sit on their corpse for a few minutes until I get bored and finish them off.

3) See a twink in range, pick a fight while he's standing around and die almost immediately. He was a good sport about it and I think he gave me stuff.

4) Chase another bard while strafe jumping around west commons for about 15 minutes until he runs into a red con mummy and dies immediately.

5) Druid buffs me up and I go pick fights with people at the orc camps. Druid immediately gets mad at me because I'm attacking his guildies' alts and now they're mad at him. It was good times.

6) Someone asked me to join a newbie leveling guild. When I asked if I could attack guildies they told me it wouldn't be the place for me.

With that said, when I log on to red it's because I'm looking for a fight. I don't go anon/role. It's funny how quickly people would berg out at a half-naked toon attacking them. When I want to do blue things like xp, I'll log on to blue.

I also worry at the amount of people that have resorted to threatening to petition for "oh hey dont attack me when NPCs are on me", "train! petition inc fgt", etc (probably bluebies giving red a shot). I could probably play rule lawyer/ignore them but since it's on the same account as my blue stuff, a suspension/ban on red translates to my blue army (yes, I am that lazy and won't make a new account).

If I played red more regularly I'd probably be one of those "toxic" people, but tbh that's the shit that made live pvp fun for me (no rules/street justice/what's a GM?).

Will scour the red commons/nektulos later tonight, looking for a fight.
Last edited by Snackies; 10-17-2017 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: grammar sucks the D
Old 10-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

theres no feeling like being in a standard mistmoore pond group for 2 hours, with the same 5 people, chatting it up and hanging out and grinding levels. after a couple hours and you decide to log off, you wait until the tank is low hp from tanking mobs and then

WHAM!

finish him off with a nuke and then head to the zone line laughing! it's only everquest after all
Old 10-17-2017, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

lol, love doing that.

I was in a SOLB group once on red, royals. we were pulling all 3 rooms plus extra kobolds, chain pulling. The group was running smooth for hours, eventually we had so many adds the enchanter couldn't keep everything CC'd. mobs rooted and mezzed all over the place. The room is SO small, we got 6 elfs and 10 kobolds all around in one tiny area. I decided to turn on them at this time, was too perfect. I started breakin mezzes and killed the ench. Then I killed the lonely halfling druid healer in the group. It was a double YT with my name in lights. I ran off to lavastorm feeling like a million bucks

its only eq afterall, live a little
Old 10-17-2017, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This actually sounds like fun to me. #1 is particularly heroic. What level toon are you gonna play tonight? I may boot up and come try to help you gank some fuckers

"gnomes dont belong in freeport"

god bless you snack
bout 9pm EST

Either Snackxaphone (Freeport) or Snackseeking (Qeynos)

If it's night time in game I might say fuck it and log out until I can see shit.
Closed Thread