Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 10-17-2023, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

I have an Earring of the Frozen Skull on my necro. Soloing it has not been a huge impact for me; it's pretty rare that I need another da before my cast da cycles. I like it anyway, but I don't think it should be a high priority unless you have specific (probably raid related) usecases in mind.

For others that don't have beads, half a bag of stalking probes goes farther than I might have guessed. They're cheap to recharge.

Quote:
Seriously, try enchanter if you like charm. Hell, even druid. I have a 60 necro and 58 enchanter, 56 druid. I was team Necro is better at charming until late 50s. Enchanter can do so much more than necro with AE Mez, AE Stun, Pacify.
the ONE area Necro does better than Enchanter charming is feigning to mem blur pet. (Paci pet, then feign death and pet forgets about you) It's slightly better than guarding pet far away, invis, stun, and mez/mem blur routine for enchanter.
So far I enjoy the forms of soloing where you break charm and kill the pet to get full xp significantly better on my necro than my enchanter. Self heals, more efficient cast damage, and instant charmbreak without swapping targets are all pretty nice in addition to fd. I do expect to be sick of HS before I hit 60, though.
Old 10-17-2023, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Ring 10 if you get bored at 60. But you’re basically done with cos zheart and Iksar. Gluck.
Old 10-18-2023, 03:15 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks! It’s a lot of fun so far and once I hit 60 I’m using the zheart on my enchanter. I don’t think I’m ring 10ing either but might fesh bp the necro.
Old 12-12-2023, 04:16 PM
Kobold

I don't know why people hate on the Velk bracers, my necro has one and I find it to be very useful especially for finishing off mobs when you last dot wears off
Old 12-13-2023, 03:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by druidbob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know why people hate on the Velk bracers, my necro has one and I find it to be very useful especially for finishing off mobs when you last dot wears off
Its got a pretty long ass cast time, making you miss 2 ticks of sitting down, that's the criticism I've heard. So you lose mana in another way
Old 12-13-2023, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

105 mana per tic? What's possible?
I know mana regen spells and lich etc but they work standing just as efficiently dont they? EDIT clarity no stack wiff lich type...
So just sitting regen as iks is what -2hp with arch lich -14hp with demi lich.
So, using arch lich converting hp to mana 40 mana from 2 ticks sitting.
Am i missing something?
Genuine question btw.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

15 sec is a long time if you’re blowing through mobs while charming. I just used deflux/hungry earth to finish mobs off that got low so I never had to bond/vex. Still can’t out med a free nuke like that though, so I’d definitely get it if it’s cheap dkp. It Also prob makes you the best group dps ahead of enc between a charmed pet and spamming bracer if there’s undead around to charm.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:13 AM
Fire Giant

31/tick (demi lich) + 21/tick (max meditate at 58) = 52/tick.
Bone bracelet of condemnation = 15 second cast for a 500DD which gives it an opportunity cost of 104 mana (2 ticks) at least.
Deflux = 3 second cast so you won't miss a tick if you're able to sit down (if you aren't, a 15 second cast isn't going well for you either) at 198 mana.

I think the bone bracelet would be incredibly good on any class that's not necro or enchanter. Mana 'free' but extremely long casting DDs feel less useful on a class that already swims in mana. That's just my opinion though, I'm not even 60 yet. I bet it's very nice while leveling since it's just a better JBB. Happy to reconsider if someone with more experience has used it at higher levels. Keep in mind that it's a 0 resist mod nuke though.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:50 AM
Kobold

Yeah I guess it depends on what you are doing. For undead charming it isnt as necessary but for me personally doing 57-60 I was hitting live targets when the good undead spots were camped, and for fear kiting it is much more effective. Speaking of fear kiting, staff of the dreaded gaze didnt get much mileage for me but if you ever want to solo kill your own dragon as a necro (Yeldema) then it is super useful. Just a fun thing to say you did.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:59 AM
Fire Giant

I didn't expect that staff to be useful at all considering fear costs so little mana, but glad to hear it's good for that. I'm getting the bracer when possible, but focusing on epic/vp staff first.