Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Default Most Epic Thread Nominations

Recent discussions have got me thinking. Alarming, I know. Nevertheless I have been thinking and I have decided. I have decided that we need a place.

A place to highlight the best of our thoughts such that they might guide us unto the path of enlightenment.

A place that exposes the worst of our thoughts, that they might burn fiercely, beacons of peril cautioning against mires of madness, shallows of shallowness and the abyss of asshattery.

A place to pras the wittiest of our thoughts that they might brighten our day when shadows loom large.

A place to discuss, what we discuss.

To that end, I start this thread with which we might share the best of threads as we find them, linking them each on their own as we weave a tapestry of the best and worst of p99.

Please post here with links to the threads that you have found to be the most. It might be the most entertaining, disappointing, enlightening, confusing, uplifting, alarming, creative, etc.

Once sufficient nominations have been amassed we shall hold our first poll to determine the top 10 p99 threads to date. Thereafter, we'll track threads throughout the year to subsequently determine the best of that year. Therafter, we might even back track / branch out to consolidate the best of eras (classic, kunark, velious), classes, subforums or genres.

Including a brief description with your link and reason for nomination will be helpful for forumquesters.

Let's weave!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

I will go first:

I nominate Autis' "cactus... magic or luck?" for being the most creative thread I've had the pleasure of reading

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=182036
Old 04-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Diggle's Giveaway Thread. Over 3 years later and nearly 2000 replies, hopefuls keep adding their name so that they too may win the AoN and CoF.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=66008
Old 04-16-2015, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Diggle's Giveaway Thread. Over 3 years later and nearly 2000 replies, hopefuls keep adding their name so that they too may win the AoN and CoF.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=66008
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Clark; 04-16-2015 at 01:27 AM..
Old 04-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Jeremy's packets after that guy bought TMO's recharger's Larrikan's Mask, probably my favorite thread.

Does the young doctor thread still exist? The guy in LGuk in Classic at frenzy, something about him being a young doctor and pixels not mattering, but he was maximum rustled.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jeremy's packets after that guy bought TMO's recharger's Larrikan's Mask, probably my favorite thread.

Does the young doctor thread still exist? The guy in LGuk in Classic at frenzy, something about him being a young doctor and pixels not mattering, but he was maximum rustled.
you are suppose to provide the links of those epic threads

heres one of my favs of Dald's many epic bug threads: The Pulsing Green Stone bug- always drop 2!!!

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=145713

edit: the original OP was posted on April Fools day so its basically the 1 year anniversary !!! cheers to all the druids n rangers who this helped!
Old 04-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Solo Artist Challenge - Great feats of pushing game mechanics, items, and spells to their fullest.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80165
Old 04-03-2015, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Wow I didn't realize that.

52 VSes with 104 stones + the probably 20ish sim Repop VSes for another 40 stones.

What good ClassicQuest.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Clear argues with clear

Stabbyjoe Platlord thread

too lazy to find links to threads.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Kobold

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=125811

From the technical section: serveral hundred posts 37K views. And still no fix, just blame the ISP. Thats classic!
Closed Thread