Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Aviak

Default Velious Faction

Hey there. So i have a 47 warrior and thought i would start trying to get some velious faction. Just wondering if i should work on Kael faction now (guild is in ToV one night a week) and just get armor as is comes, or if i should just start with coldain and use thurg gear until i have a few pieces ready to turn in.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Normally as a warrior, most guilds / raids wouldnt let melee go to ToV until 55+ with corresponding resists, whereas 47 -might- get into Kael arena / plate house things (normally its 50+?).

CoV faction is easier (imo) to get anyways if you do kael arena than dorfs, since a majority of the giants dont give dorf faction there.. If you're factioning in WL then dorf for sure.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:15 AM
Planar Protector

From what I read in OP, looks like to me his guild is going west / north ToV one night a week to get Kael armor. If that's the case, then I wouldn't bother with thurg armor since it would be counterproductive to raise the dwarf faction and lower giant to then make the opposite work.

If by ToV you mean HoT, then you have to work on CoV faction instead of Kael faction. In such case, you can indeed use thurg gear prior to HoT depending on when you acquire them.
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 12-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

It depends a bit on how quickly you can get armor, which is based on factors like how competent your guild is and how many people in your guild are competing for the same armor type. For instance, if you're the only rogue but there are three shaman and two rangers with more DKP than you who all still need to fill most slots, it's going to take you a lot longer than if all the shaman have their armor and you have more DKP than both rangers.

Ultimately though, unless you're acquiring armor really slowly, I simply wouldn't bother with Thurgadin armor. You have to use the same gems for both armor sets, which means that if you get Dwarf armor then get Dragon armor you just threw those gems down the drain for nothing. And because Dragon armor is flat out better than Dwarf armor, you will be replacing it, so you might as well just save the gems and not bother with Dwarf armor.

Personally even though I had some people "ahead of me in line" in my guild, I went pure dragon armor, and I don't regret it. It took a few weeks, but I was able to pick up the bracer/sleeves/arms, and then one night I was the only chain-wearer who still needed armor and I picked up both the tunic and legs in a single night for the minimum DKP bid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If I had gotten impatient and gone with Dwarf armor first I would have wasted several thousand plat.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Only the chest / bracers really have any plat cost. The other gems are all like 100-300p each.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

You need levels

I wouldn't bring a warrior to wtov or hot until 58+

You can't even do kael arena without more levels. Do KC and Sebilis for a while and purchase thurgadin plate MQs as you level to 60. It makes ToV so much easier if you have the minimum requisite levels and passable gear

Gaining faction is actually quite trivial. Filling out all the kael/ss equipment slots will take way longer unless you're genuinely rich and can buy all the MQs straight up
Old 12-29-2017, 10:21 PM
Sarnak

Don't waste time in Velious until you're done leveling in Kunark.
Closed Thread