Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2021, 03:11 AM
Banned

Default COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION

By this I mean why not let the big guilds burn themselves out?
No more variance, 6 hour respawn time on all targets on blue. Raiders will run out of alts to gear up eventually, the selling of lootrights will quickly waterdown(maybe even GM enforced no selling) and speed of trash clearing with always be a factor

At first this sounds like a bad idea, but the thing that keeps people coming back to raiding isnt the raids themselves, but the loot. With a week between targets people have time to cool off, level alts and get ready for more
Now making raid targets more widely available will allow the casual guilds to get a shot since everything is spawning so fast, or eventually become a top guild themselves because the old raiders are ran ragged and take time off/retire/spend time on an alt

The spirit of the carrot on the stick is still there, its just a shorter stick
Old 02-04-2021, 04:27 AM
Orc

Not classic.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic.
This is no longer an applicable retort. Watching 6+ months of failed democracy is way more not classic
Old 02-04-2021, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Make all seven day respawns a weekly quake event. Your idea just turns the place into RMT99.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelika2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is no longer an applicable retort. Watching 6+ months of failed democracy is way more not classic
Sorry, I should have ended my sentence with /s.

For real though, the majority of the failing democracy on this server is not because people want pixels, it's because people want to deny others the chance of pixels. The current spawn timers won't change, the META needs to change. It's clearly evident that the GMs are bored of the bullshit by how infrequently they quake the server. All they need to do is push 1 button to run a script, the problem is, doing that makes more work for the guides/GMs due to the inevitable petitions that come in.

One session in the UN is enough evidence to me as to why the guides/GMs don't want to spend their free time volunteering to babysit narcissistic overweight neckbeards, I don't blame them for not quaking.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelika2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By this I mean why not let the big guilds burn themselves out?
No more variance, 6 hour respawn time on all targets on blue. Raiders will run out of alts to gear up eventually, the selling of lootrights will quickly waterdown(maybe even GM enforced no selling) and speed of trash clearing with always be a factor

At first this sounds like a bad idea, but the thing that keeps people coming back to raiding isnt the raids themselves, but the loot. With a week between targets people have time to cool off, level alts and get ready for more
Now making raid targets more widely available will allow the casual guilds to get a shot since everything is spawning so fast, or eventually become a top guild themselves because the old raiders are ran ragged and take time off/retire/spend time on an alt

The spirit of the carrot on the stick is still there, its just a shorter stick
If you have a serious idea why post it in rants and flames?
Old 02-04-2021, 09:40 AM
Aviak

How about we release Luclin on blue already? More pixels for everyone!
Ruilden Wreckchords | Level 30 Half Elf Bard of No God |Green|
Maulgar | Level 24 Troll Shadow Knight of Cazic-Thule |Green|
Old 02-04-2021, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, I should have ended my sentence with /s.

For real though, the majority of the failing democracy on this server is not because people want pixels, it's because people want to deny others the chance of pixels. The current spawn timers won't change, the META needs to change. It's clearly evident that the GMs are bored of the bullshit by how infrequently they quake the server. All they need to do is push 1 button to run a script, the problem is, doing that makes more work for the guides/GMs due to the inevitable petitions that come in.

One session in the UN is enough evidence to me as to why the guides/GMs don't want to spend their free time volunteering to babysit narcissistic overweight neckbeards, I don't blame them for not quaking.
Are quakes more work though? It would seem that most guilds on blue end up doing things separately for the majority of it and then only start converging on inner ring ToV. So maybe Vulak and ToV still need some sort of meta change. Just making every respawn a quake would reduce the amount of sixteen hour raceline window licking that inevitably results in the losing side, or even both sides, filing petitions for the sole sake of hoping to force concessions. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like on a quake when FR/AG goes to one target and Riot is in a totally different zone they aren't petitioning each other because they aren't stepping all over each others' dicks for a change.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:29 AM
Aviak

the quake once a week will create its own problems. not everybody wants weekend prime time quakes.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linksfather [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the quake once a week will create its own problems. not everybody wants weekend prime time quakes.
It doesn't have to be every Saturday at 8PM eastern. Could even have a variance window on the quake time itself. Spread it into EU and AUS times some weeks. Maybe it quakes mid day Friday one week, and early Sunday morning the next. This would be even more streamlined if they could come up with an automated quake system I guess.
Closed Thread