Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Runnyeye zem makes hole zem look bad.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-23-2021, 05:23 PM
Orc

I personally think this comes down to the fact that post 35 hell levels, pixels become God, and ZEM is the only consideration players take into account for where to level.
I got more xp in CoM in 3 hours with a good group, then in Paw Judges camp with a very average group. Spawn times, mob HP and overall difficulty, should all be taken into the equation of where to level, but again, ZEM is the one thing that everyone knows about a zone.
I literally had a group port and run to CoM from WC, and leave after 15 minutes without even establishing a camp because "ZEM sux0rz here let's port to Paw or CT".
Personally I DGAF about ZEM, and if more people understood the why's of ZEM some of these zones would have more population and more potential to find groups.
As it stands there's a pretty linear path 90% of players do:
Area starting dungeon -> unrest -> Paw/CT -> solb/KC.
Sitting in CoM for a weekend and getting in 2 good groups and 1 bad one in 3 days, and having a dozen people beg me to come to CT/PAW specifically"cause ZEM" is annoying AF.
When the potential for better or at least equivalent moving pixels requires a doctorate in mathematics and a politicians gift of persuasion to get people to stop looking at the bolded ZEM for every zone as the end all be all for experience, it taks a lot of the fun out of it.

-encopitt
Old 03-24-2021, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

One of my best times on Blue was a dungeon crawl in a group in a then empty Hole. It's good to see people aren't scared of that zone anymore.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:44 AM
Fire Giant

Yellow text isn't classic either - lets get that bumped to the top of the list before we get to zems
Old 03-27-2021, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yellow text isn't classic either - lets get that bumped to the top of the list before we get to zems
pass, lets get the zem first
Old 03-27-2021, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

RANDOM ZEM

/random 200 per week! and dont tell anyone per zone

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 03-28-2021, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Min-Maxing nerds. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How about leveling in a zone you enjoy... with or without ZEM?! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But I get it, ZEMs are cool... so we shouldn't get rid of them, but they should be random and frequently change. Most importantly though, players shouldn't know which zones have ZEM.

I imagine people would be exploring the world then... trying to discover which zone is modified, and trying to keep it a secret amongst their close friends to take advantage of it. Going Anonymous to hide location, etc.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 03-28-2021, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How about leveling in a zone you enjoy... with or without ZEM?! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But I get it, ZEMs are cool... so we shouldn't get rid of them, but they should be random and frequently change. Most importantly though, players shouldn't know which zones have ZEM.

I imagine people would be exploring the world then... trying to discover which zone is modified, and trying to keep it a secret amongst their close friends to take advantage of it. Going Anonymous to hide location, etc.
We’re talking about addicts. No enjoyment, just scratching the itch. Sorry.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hard to enjoy zones that nobody else ever plays in. You can certainly make groups and arrange your own adventures with friends to these off the beaten path places, but on a regular average night of play that can be really hard/impossible to do...and you find yourself LFG in a generic PUG friendly zone.

Its a really good idea to move the ZEMs around..."but it isn't strictly classic" is the only argument that seems to come up against it.
Old 03-28-2021, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

RANDOM ZEMS

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Closed Thread