Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-15-2021, 08:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way I can fix incorrect spell timers? Speed of the shissar and pacify are outdated
i too would like to know if this can be done
Old 03-16-2021, 12:10 AM
Sarnak

so editing the spells_us file in nparse>data>spells and changing the 9th number after the spell name fixed pacify and a couple other buffs, but for some reason speed of the shissar won't change. one weird part about it is that the buff is set to 19 minutes but i can't find a number that represents that in the file
Old 03-25-2021, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

Cant seem to get much help on this, is there a version of nParse that will work on XP? Ive found a couple posts saying that theres a few versions of Python that will support it, 2.7.9, 3.4.3 and 3.4.10. I keep getting errors for win32 and cant find the pathing for kernl ddl or something like that. Do i just install python then nParse and it does its thing or do i need to modify files like everything else with P99? Any help would be great!
Thanks, Renlaan
Old 03-25-2021, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so editing the spells_us file in nparse>data>spells and changing the 9th number after the spell name fixed pacify and a couple other buffs, but for some reason speed of the shissar won't change. one weird part about it is that the buff is set to 19 minutes but i can't find a number that represents that in the file
45^Pacify^PLAYER_1^^^^You feel your aggression subside.^ looks less aggressive.^^200^0^0^0^3000^2250^6000^8^7^0^

in my file the 9th number is a 7, and the duration should be 7 mins, sooo....

do we have different versions of the file or what change did you make?
Old 03-25-2021, 07:26 PM
Large Rat

Default Solved Pacify's timer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
45^Pacify^PLAYER_1^^^^You feel your aggression subside.^ looks less aggressive.^^200^0^0^0^3000^2250^6000^8^7^0^

in my file the 9th number is a 7, and the duration should be 7 mins, sooo....

do we have different versions of the file or what change did you make?
I was having the same issue myself. I noticed the value for Calm was 30, and 30 tics is 3 mins, so I tried changing pacify's 9th value '7' to '70' for tics instead of minutes, saved, and rebooted nParse.

nParse now gives me a 6:48 timer. I'm not sure for the descrepency from 7 full minutes, but I don't mind being reminded early enough to recast the spell.

Intcha
58 Enchanter
Green
Old 03-25-2021, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Got it, the value is in tics.

Nparse always seems to end the spell one tick early. I guess I can increase the tick counter by 1 for every spell or...just leave it alone.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got it, the value is in tics.

Nparse always seems to end the spell one tick early. I guess I can increase the tick counter by 1 for every spell or...just leave it alone.
If it's a random amount of time from 0 to 6 seconds early that's the bonus duration between the time the spell lands and the time the target ticks. Not much a parser can do about that inaccuracy in the general case.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:15 AM
Orc

Pacify was typo'd as 7, should actually be *70*, that's correct. The duration formula is ... not always obvious, as it differs per spell. This is fixed in my fork. I put a PR up yesterday that includes that fix, among a few other features -- though not sure if nomns/Mirox is still working on this, or if patches to the 0.5.x line are still accepted.

For more on the duration calculation:

Here you can see that column 17 (they are zero-indexed, so 16+1) is the "duration formula", and column 18 (17+1) is the duration: https://github.com/nomns/nparse/blob...s.py#L461-L463
Then, just below that here, you can see how the different formulas affect the calculation: https://github.com/nomns/nparse/blob...s.py#L480-L535

Since Pacify is formula 8, the `duration` column is really just acting as a "max ticks", so the actual duration is `min(level + 10, duration)`. At level 60 that's `min(70, 70)`, which makes sense.
Last edited by magicfest2; 04-11-2021 at 09:31 AM..
Old 04-11-2021, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicfest2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pacify was typo'd as 7, should actually be *70*, that's correct. The duration formula is ... not always obvious, as it differs per spell. This is fixed in my fork. I put a PR up yesterday that includes that fix, among a few other features -- though not sure if nomns/Mirox is still working on this, or if patches to the 0.5.x line are still accepted.

For more on the duration calculation:

Here you can see that column 17 (they are zero-indexed, so 16+1) is the "duration formula", and column 18 (17+1) is the duration: https://github.com/nomns/nparse/blob...s.py#L461-L463
Then, just below that here, you can see how the different formulas affect the calculation: https://github.com/nomns/nparse/blob...s.py#L480-L535

Since Pacify is formula 8, the `duration` column is really just acting as a "max ticks", so the actual duration is `min(level + 10, duration)`. At level 60 that's `min(70, 70)`, which makes sense.
how do i get the zip of this with changes?
Old 04-12-2021, 12:12 AM
Orc

I have built releases in my fork too, though I'm working with Mirox/nomns to get stuff merged in. In the meantime, that single change is fairly easy to make by following the instructions above.
Or, you could try one of my releases here: https://github.com/rm-you/nparse/releases