Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalcoxman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ridiculous.
Agreed. Saying that a group is able to claim a camp that someone is already camping just because they have more people is beyond ridiculous.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I agree that if someone is killing the entire Crypt area that one asshole SHOULDN'T be allowed to move in and then say on you were killing Emperor so you weren't here so I'm taking the Hiero as a camp.
Heh, I remember Jeremy doing this back when Kunark first released and it causing a giant RnF storm.

I don't think it's unreasonable if the camp is completely empty except for 1 person camping 1 particular named for that person to be able to keep it if another group wants to roll in, but if a group is already there and demonstrates the ability to keep all rooms clear then they should have control of all those rooms if they choose to.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 12-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

How can you justify telling someone what extra mobs they have to kill to lay claim to a camp. If a guy wants to sit and just kill Hieor or Baron, then he should be able to. Camp rules state that you must be able to engage the mob your camping and need no further assistance killing it. If a shaman can solo Hiero then he can camp him, simple as that. If he wants to just camp that one mob, what is wrong with that. By your logic a shaman cant camp tranix unless he decides to clear all the firegiants, so if i take a group to clear firegiants Tranix is mine, which would be ridiculous. This is exactly why camps are not defined, because you start implementing rules into how many mobs must be killed to lay claim to a camp, then you will run into more issues. Does camping 1 mob in crypt interrupt the other camps? NO Is it a exploit to just camp the 1 mob in his room? NO Does a group have the right to take that 1 mob because they are killing the other 3? Hell NO.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baramur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can you justify telling someone what extra mobs they have to kill to lay claim to a camp. If a guy wants to sit and just kill Hieor or Baron, then he should be able to. Camp rules state that you must be able to engage the mob your camping and need no further assistance killing it. If a shaman can solo Hiero then he can camp him, simple as that. If he wants to just camp that one mob, what is wrong with that. By your logic a shaman cant camp tranix unless he decides to clear all the firegiants, so if i take a group to clear firegiants Tranix is mine, which would be ridiculous. This is exactly why camps are not defined, because you start implementing rules into how many mobs must be killed to lay claim to a camp, then you will run into more issues. Does camping 1 mob in crypt interrupt the other camps? NO Is it a exploit to just camp the 1 mob in his room? NO Does a group have the right to take that 1 mob because they are killing the other 3? Hell NO.
Soloing isn't allowed here
Old 12-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or start killing all four mobs, yes. Or work something out with the group.

Like I said, ruling each room as an individual camp has FAR more headache and abuse potential then just calling the whole crypt one camp.
I fear that this ruling will cause more undue headache, than it will alleviate. Does it apply exclusively to crypt? Examples: If someone is soloing/duoing the frenzied scarab room, and a group wants to take over disco, can they force the people camping just frenzied room out? If a team is duoing only Verix room, can a group of people wanting the whole basement force them out?
Old 12-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

1. Going forward, if you intend to hold or claim a camp, your group must retain presence at that camp. If you have no competition in the zone, you are more than welcome to hold as many as you like. The moment another party wants to claim a camp and you are "farming" multiple, you must decide which camp you want and forfeit the ones someone else is interested in. We still expect players to use the courtesy camp check before zerging a room. If there is a full spawn of mobs in a camp room up I think that would be considered not camped. How you pull the camp is up to you, as long as you are able to engage the mobs very shortly after they are spawned.

*Example* You are doing Ghoul Magi, Lord, and Frenzy in lguk. Another group arrives to claim a camp. If they stumble upon a spawned room devoid of players, they can claim it. Where your group resides is your camp; choose wisely.

2. Just because you know the timer a mob's spawn does NOT mean you are entitled to the camp. Examples include Ishva mal, Estrella, and Undertow. I have seen too many threads about ishva mal in particular where there is a person there at the camp and someone comes and either KS's the spawn or charms the mob to bring it somewhere else etc claiming it was theirs due to it being on timer. If you are trying to timer a spawn and you arrive and someone else is there, too bad, you should have been there earlier.

3. The efreeti spawn kind of covers both of these situations, with this camp in particular if you are not at the spawn and another group arrives, you lose it.

I hate to break it to you, but as defined by the camp policies Each room in Crypt, IS INFACT, and CAN BE FORCED to be their own camps. Most on the server have always just seen crypt as a single camp, but by the very definitions of the policy, if someone was to sit in each room, they would lay claim to that mob. Thanks drive through.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

How about

RULE
these locations can only be considered a camp when there is no group killing a larger camp which they are a part of?

This would mean you could camp it if there is not a group doing their crypt rounds, but a group could not take it from you and you could not take it from an otherwise established group ?
Last edited by Vandy; 12-06-2013 at 01:36 PM..
Old 12-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Claiming Hiero room for the next couple days.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know what this thread is about, but I know not to group with anyone who uses that UI.

Edit: I really don't understand what this discussion is about, if some shaman is solo camping Hiero, you shouldn't be able to come in with a full group and claim Hiero just because you're capable of camping it. You can have the other 3 spawns, though. Likewise, if a group is at crypt killing the 4 spawns, you can't just sit in the Hiero room and claim it after them.
^
Old 12-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about these locations can only be considered a camp when there is no group killing a larger camp which they are a part of?

This would mean you could camp it if there is not a group doing their crypt rounds, but a group could not take it from you and you could not take it from an otherwise established group ?

This is the most logical thing i have seen regarding this camp, or other camps like it that extend to multiple rooms. So i am quite sure it will receive negative feedback.
Closed Thread