Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Yea there was a big thread on general forum about it with GMs weighing in. Looting a corpse that isn't yours they consider ninja looting regardless of the timer.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea there was a big thread on general forum about it with GMs weighing in. Looting a corpse that isn't yours they consider ninja looting regardless of the timer.
cringing irl

I'm not just posting that for effect, I am literally cringing.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cringing irl

Welcome to p99 buddy. Theres a rule for everything and the lawyers are watching [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-31-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cringing irl

Yep, the corpse only opens up 'publically' so either helpers from outside the dps group get to loot, the dps group sells an mq to someone out of group, or loot rights are somehow otherwise distributed by the dps group to a third party.

Its kinda yikes, but the rule seems to be there to make ninja loot petitions faster to deal with / more clean cut.

Remember never loot a corpse you didn't kill unless you were given express permission.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:37 AM
Kobold

If that's a rule then it's a terrible one and no one follows it.

The corpse timer is literally a mechanic of the game implemented by the developers. The corpse opens up for anyone to loot after 2 minutes. That is obviously the intended game mechanic. If you can't loot it within that time, and no one feels like locking the corpse down, then that's too bad.

I will continue to loot open corpses, as it was intended by the original game designers. Not all laws are just laws.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Well this thread is taking a turn for the worst.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that's a rule then it's a terrible one and no one follows it.

The corpse timer is literally a mechanic of the game implemented by the developers. The corpse opens up for anyone to loot after 2 minutes. That is obviously the intended game mechanic. If you can't loot it within that time, and no one feels like locking the corpse down, then that's too bad.

I will continue to loot open corpses, as it was intended by the original game designers. Not all laws are just laws.
If thats your defense aganst the rule lawyers then you might as well cut your losses now and quit playing on here lmao [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

these people will literally make up their own narrative of why things are the way they are, just look at jimjams fictional novel on open corpses a few posts up.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gamers rise up
Old 10-31-2019, 11:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
ok?

If you think that the developers of the game intended looting of public corpses to be a bannable offense then you may have been dropped on your head a few too many times.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
ok?

If you think that the developers of the game intended looting of public corpses to be a bannable offense then you may have been dropped on your head a few too many times.
no i agree with you. why else would corpses even unlock to begin with? I disagree with most of the nonsense rules and the resulting lawyering blue players have established.

IMHO the rules should consist of no boxing, no training, no RMT. Thats it.
Last edited by Danger; 10-31-2019 at 11:53 AM..
Closed Thread