Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

Default Seal Team Exploiting Classic Item Recharging

I've now seen two people from Seal Team exploiting the wonderful, classic, item recharging with vendors mechanic to power level.

I've seen a ranger go from low 40's to 50 within a week or so.

Keep in mind that item recharging was disabled on the Red server for these exact reasons.

They are quad kiting specters in OOT on garg island using Red Wood Wands.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Red_Wood_Wand

I mysteriously noticed two very high level merchants nearby were cleared of their inventory and sure enough, someone from Seal team was on garg island quadding spectres.

All you really need is about 6 or so of these wands.
Each wand casts an INSTANT 76 dmg aoe from an inventory slot with 5 charges.
5 * 5 * 76 = 1900 damage which is plenty to take out a spec.

Run to the nearby merchant to recharge them all for 30-36p and you have plenty of time to run back and stand around until respawns.

Specs drop scythes that sell for 12.5p each along with random gems and research materials which can help cover the cost if not turn a profit with some luck.

Yes it's classic, yes it's cheesy, I honestly don't think anything is going to change, and given the recent posts about this guild, I'm not surprised in the least.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

So...you're saying.... I need some of those wands then....

You make good points. -nods nods- I needs rods please.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:43 PM
Banned

i only need 3 more wands come on baby
Old 12-03-2019, 11:49 PM
Sarnak

hardcore neckbeard no-lifers are exploiting game mechanics? that's crazy! who would've thought!? i'm absolutely shocked.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

Oh no, don't everyone go use those wands now or they might disable item recharging here like they did on Red!
Old 12-03-2019, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh no, don't everyone go use those wands now or they might disable item recharging here like they did on Red!
They likely only disabled it on red because it was being used to insta-kill people in pvp....

They know item recharging exists on blue. It is regularly used for high end raiding and recharging mauls and things....

So that they will suddenly disable it for literally the few people who bother to farm up a backpack full of wands is kind of a strange idea. Some guilds might use their "leveling wands" I guess, but really once you have level 50's around....having a high level druid that just sits around thorning / healing as you chain pull / kill stuff is probably faster power leveling anyhow.

Or having a necromancer kill stuff then FD so you finish it off (or a monk, or SK).

Or....so many ways to level up once you have just 1 higher level willing to help. If you have a GUILD willing to help people level? Yea, leveling isn't really a barrier....
Old 12-03-2019, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

OMGOSH, people are using some unique aspects of classic EQ that require some special knowledge of EQ classic spawning as well as time invested to camp it, *breathe* to their advantage.

They must be banned! And the said feature must be banned! Anyone who with a char name that starts with wand (i.e. Wanda) must be banned!
Last edited by Castle2.0; 12-03-2019 at 11:58 PM..
Old 12-03-2019, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

P.S. Specs don't always drop 12.5pp scythes, sometimes they drop Rusty Scythes or Bronze Scythes.

Also, item recharging was disabled on Red and NOT blue for PvP reasons you silly sarnak.

Next on the nerf list:

(1) Kaladim bonechip quest
(2) http://wiki.project1999.com/Brazier_...ntal_Summoning
Old 12-03-2019, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They likely only disabled it on red because it was being used to insta-kill people in pvp....

They know item recharging exists on blue. It is regularly used for high end raiding and recharging mauls and things....

So that they will suddenly disable it for literally the few people who bother to farm up a backpack full of wands is kind of a strange idea. Some guilds might use their "leveling wands" I guess, but really once you have level 50's around....having a high level druid that just sits around thorning / healing as you chain pull / kill stuff is probably faster power leveling anyhow.

Or having a necromancer kill stuff then FD so you finish it off (or a monk, or SK).

Or....so many ways to level up once you have just 1 higher level willing to help. If you have a GUILD willing to help people level? Yea, leveling isn't really a barrier....
LOL go ahead and try leveling someone in their 40s on specs using thorns. monk or sk /nec with FD? Horribly inefficient for 40s when you can SOLO quad kite stuff much faster.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL go ahead and try leveling someone in their 40s on specs using thorns. monk or sk /nec with FD? Horribly inefficient for 40s when you can SOLO quad kite stuff much faster.
Yup, in your 40's, it seems like a speedy way to level. Thanks for the tip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ((Though, I never gonna be that big, I gonna use it lower level....wouldn't even need many charges to kill a quad!!! ill be the strongest gnome wizard there ever wiz was!!)
Closed Thread