Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Had half thought about pulling all of OT before when a bard was swarm kiting and taking it all to the outpost. If I can't have any why should you? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had half thought about pulling all of OT before when a bard was swarm kiting and taking it all to the outpost. If I can't have any why should you? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or you could train the outpost guards/golems through his swarm. Just shout train first and its all good!

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenfaust [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started AOE'ing his pack after he was a jerk, and he said that I would be banned for it.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Feed your anger and take what is yours.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Feed your anger and take what is yours.
Im sure a level 12 wizard is gonna do real well against a twinked out character buffed to the gills by a high level druid and being continuously healed by said druid.

Great idea! go for it....

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 01-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best part of R99 is you can kill other players.
because you're so gonna kill someone with lvl 50 druid back up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 01-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

"Don't be a dick"

^ this rule would fix your above issue and so many others. Shame it's so hard to enforce.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Kobold

Thing about unrest is, the yard is an open area, if only the yard is being pulled really no rules are being broken (saying its such a small part of the overall zone/camps in unrest) a camp via the rules is a room. (aka standing inside of it) so by trying to steal the mobs no matter how rude either party is being to each other. 90% of the time the person KSing will get in trob.

just from what I can find looking at the rules

Outdoor pathing mobs are not campable unless you are sitting at the spawn point and able to engage it instantly.

1. You may not steal kills.

Kill Stealing is defined as the killing of an NPC for any reason that is already fighting or pursuing another player or group that is prepared to engage that same NPC without that group's specific permission.

2. You must comply with arbitration for contested spawns.

There are cases where two or more groups wish to kill the same NPC or hunt in the same area. In these cases, the groups are required to compromise.

If an equitable compromise cannot be reached between the players prior to Project 1999 Customer Service Staff involvement, the P99CSR will mandate a compromise. Any such compromise is final and not open to debate. Refusing to abide by these terms will be considered disruption and may result in disciplinary action.

It is therefore strongly suggested that the groups make every attempt to reach a compromise that they can live with prior to involving a P99CSR, who may mandate a compromise that does not suit you to the extent that a player-devised compromise would.

(meaning if you did not try and work something out or even if you did, but you and the other party could not agree you KSing is still a clear cut rule break where as the person PLing while it might be a dick thing to do is still not breaking a rule) atleast not till a gm makes them do something (whatever that might be)

8. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

(they might have been breaking this one, However its hard to put a number on MOST) So if they were leaving some part of the yard up, like not pulling from the small house outside or the pool area for example.

This is all the help I can be from just looking at the rules reading what you posted and copying the said rules down for you to read in your post.

However I also know there is 2 sides to every story. but from what I read you were the one that was for sure 100% breaking a rule by KSing. just my thoughts though.
Last edited by zs3000; 01-27-2014 at 07:56 PM..
Old 01-27-2014, 08:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
8. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

(they might have been breaking this one, However its hard to put a number on MOST) So if they were leaving some part of the yard up, like not pulling from the small house outside or the pool area for example.

This is all the help I can be from just looking at the rules reading what you posted and copying the said rules down for you to read in your post.

However I also know there is 2 sides to every story. but from what I read you were the one that was for sure 100% breaking a rule by KSing. just my thoughts though.
I can say that this was definitely the case, and I am sure there are others who will tell you the same thing. The guy made about 20 laps around the Estate and even ran to the entrance by the fountains where I was soloing beetles, and took those mobs as well. I admit, yes I did try to take some of those mobs, but it was only because there were absolutely NONE left and this went on for a while.... So now , is it still considered KSing if he clearly broke this rule??
Old 01-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

If there is someone taking up all the mobs in the yard in unrest in order to power level someone, feel free to pull mobs off their group with no fear of staff repercussion.

In cases like this where someone is monopolizing content to do a powerlevel in a lowbie zone where others are exping, I will ask them to either relegate their pulls to an area that isn't being used, reduce the number of mobs they are pulling, or simply leave.

There are plenty of places to power level that aren't being used by a bunch of people new to the game, if they'd like to power level in the more popular zones, they need to respect the other people who are there.

All of that being said, it's best to try and work something out with the player present before simply /petition'ing. Most power levelers are very open to working out boundaries/limits so that everyone can enjoy the zone.

That's your official staff response. Quote it, stamp it, put it in the mail and send it to the next person who is being overly rude in their process of PL'ing.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So many powerlevelers and farmers are considerate and nice... they ask when they come into a zone to make sure they are not infringing etc, and I know if i am farming or PLing and a group comes that can get exp, I offer the spot and people are surprised and very happy. Can't expect everyone to follow that though... way too many "entitled" players out there, so it is nice to see your post regarding the exact rules Derubael Can't help but wonder if we should start a "This PL'r was a dick" thread in RnF and add the inconsiderate ones to it one by one?
Closed Thread