Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's ok you wont always get your way...

See you on PEQ when the servers are down here.
What is PEQ?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Aviak

A server that will let you two box. In fact if you so wish you could 100 box.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Boxing is a massive detriment to server cohesiveness. If you disagree you are wrong. There is no use explaining the reasons because if you can't grasp why the aforementioned sentence is true, you won't understand the logic used to explain.

TL;DR

GTFO [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2010, 05:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiyz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hopefully they can teach reading comprehension.

Seriously though. I'm going to ask nicely to stop replying to my posts without reading them. L4Phantom (yeah, I'm calling you out punk) reads my post on two-boxing and seemed to have only picked up on the sentence involving me solo'ing in between LFG'ing. I clearly fucking stated that I LFG constantly, but I'm a warrior and groups only need one tank type to be efficient.

If you honestly believe two-boxing is going to ruin this "community" then you are sorely lacking in common sense, or are very insecure and realize you're a fucking douche that no one would group with, could they two box.

This isn't 1999, and I'm not 14 anymore. I don't have the time to spend two hours LFG, then half an hour running to a group in Mistmoore when I'm off in Guk, only to have it fall apart 10 minutes after arriving. If two boxing was enabled, I'd be able to play my warrior plus a cleric/druid/shaman, whatever I decided at the time, and exp while building a much more efficient group. Another word you (L4Phantom) seem to be confused about.

Yes, I could box my warrior plus a healer and be set, but exp would be painfully fucking slow due to no dps. Why would I want to waste my time getting an orange an hour when I could be getting half a level/a level an hour?

And before you say it, yes, I'm a huge baby who has to resort to vulgar language in order to get my point across. Nonetheless, read my fucking post more thoroughly next time and don't be a douchebag.
Don't let the door hit you in ass on the way out. D&D Online allows you to control an entire group. And it's free. Now get the fuck out of here, crybaby puss.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you disagree you are wrong.
I lol'd.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Kobold

I understand everyone reasoning on no boxing, i actually agree with it. But one thing I have only seen mentioned a couple times and never really elaborated on is the fact that you could box on classic. This server is trying to recreate the classic experience so why was it decided to cut this element of classic play out?

EDIT: I just want to emphasize i am strong supported of NO boxing, I just want to see both sides of the argument
Old 02-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witness [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server is trying to recreate the classic experience so why was it decided to cut this element of classic play out?
Cause everyone is afraid of the dude who does this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To permacamp this:

and this:

and this:

and be a total bad ass on the server
Old 02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing is a massive detriment to server cohesiveness. If you disagree you are wrong. There is no use explaining the reasons because if you can't grasp why the aforementioned sentence is true, you won't understand the logic used to explain.

TL;DR

GTFO [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What cohesion? The only time a majority of the players get into the "cohesiveness of the community" is when they're trying to gank 17k for rubi BP's and 15k for a SSOY.

In most cases people tend to hang out with their collective guilds or just solo (cause you can't get enough mages amirite?) and that leaves a good chunk of the player base specifically the melee classes constantly struggling to find full groups, or get around places.

You dont care for boxing cause you play a mage you can just farm shit all damn day, while someone who plays an untwinked, unguilded warrior can't even get past level 13 cause the player base is either far above or far below his level range.

So don't feed people bullshit that it ruins the "cohesiveness of the community" when your class/level specifically does that exact thing.

TL;DR

Boxing doesn't ruin servers, farmers do
Last edited by Abacab; 02-11-2010 at 09:29 PM..
Old 02-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

I don't think anyone wants to hear your sob story about difficulty finding groups or getting places. We've already been through it. Make your own. Stop being a whiny bitch.

Newsflash:

This is Everquest. Shit like that happens.

The hilarity that is the misconception of mages soloing everything is a hoot as well. Direct your penis envy to Necromancers and Enchanters. Get over it.

Quote:
Boxing doesn't ruin servers, farmers do
L O L what do you plan to do when you hit 50? It's the natural progression of what you do in this game. You farm gear for your next alt, friends, etc.
Last edited by Finawin; 02-11-2010 at 10:15 PM..
Old 02-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
L O L what do you plan to do when you hit 50? It's the natural progression of what you do in this game. You farm gear for your next alt, friends, etc.
Train people in Lguk, pick pocket crushbone orcs, and drag peoples corpses in the lava! Like a NORMAL NON-FARMING 50 does.
Closed Thread