Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wiki is wrong on Jillin's Stew it has been severely nerfed. It's hundreds of turnins just for 2-3. I gave up testing after that. I don't see how anyone could get to level 5. 4 may be doable after many hours.
ugh. I really thought you guys could figure it out given a list of 20 quests, most of which are obviously not it. Too lazy I guess.

Say something to reebo. Get an item. give reebo item back, get exp. You can do this in 3.5 seconds. You can reach level five in an hour or so.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah if you're going to do 4 Mages you might as well make it 5. The Cleric won't be doing much, and with 5 Mage pets and an Enchanter you can basically just steamroll everything. I had a 5 Mage Sebilis group once and it was just ridiculous. And that was without a Chanter to back us up, and with stronger Kunark mobs and weaker relative 50+ pets. 5 Mages in Classic with a Chanter to feed them Clarity and CC for them will run roughshod over all groupable content. There will be no need for a Cleric because everything will be dying so fast, and when one pet dies there are four more to take agro while the Mage just re-summons another one for 200 mana. And if you get 5 air pets the mobs will basically be basically stunlocked the entire time and doing no damage anyway.
Listen. This is the reason Green needs to launch with pets not having abilities, lol...people getting mad about this straight up fact, that pets did not possess ability at launch. The reality is none of you actually played magicians at launch of EQ in April of 1999 to know this. So you have no clue just how bad mage pets were at launch. They sucked balls. They weren't even pets in game post 20 until a couple months in.

Verant knew pets were OP at lower levels. It wasn't until 2-3 months in that they gave them spells. There is proof from Brad himself stating this. I have made another thread about this. Most people don't want to accept it as they plan to play thinking their pets are OP in vanilla.

If you want to play a true OP class pick necro. Their pets were better than mage pets if you gave them 2 daggers.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people don't want to accept it as they plan to play thinking their pets are OP in vanilla.

If you want to play a true OP class pick necro. Their pets were better than mage pets if you gave them 2 daggers.
Except they will be OP, because Mage pets will have abilities from launch and there will be pets past level 20. So it's not some sort of mistaken "thinking" on the part of the players.

Further, there are multiple things like this that didn't exist at launch in 1999 simply due to lack of development resources and/or bugs. There's no reason to replicate something like that as of Green launch.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except they will be OP, because Mage pets will have abilities from launch and there will be pets past level 20. So it's not some sort of mistaken "thinking" on the part of the players.

Further, there are multiple things like this that didn't exist at launch in 1999 simply due to lack of development resources and/or bugs. There's no reason to replicate something like that as of Green launch.
Problem with your statement is that pet spells were considered "enhancement to the class" by Brad himself...you know the guy who created Everquest? Meaning that these were not a bug or lack of development resources. See bold in quote below. At the time they only wanted higher pets to cast spells apparently. So, no, not a bug bro.

Quote:
Magicians
+ New summon item spells
- High Level (39+) Pets weakened
+ Better mid+ level pets (they cast spells now)
+ Added more Class Specific Quests
+ Added more Class Specific Items
+ Enhanced High Level (35+) Meditation
+ Magician Pet Buff Spells Strengthened
+ Enhanced Pet Pathing
+ Added Special Items to let Magicians Summon Stronger Pets
+ Corrected Bug that let monsters attack you from far distances
through your pet
+ Made Magician Research Easier - especially for their pets
+ Added Spell Effects to most Magician Summoned Items
+ Enhanced AoE Spells to let Magicians effect more creatures
+ Reduced Mana Cost of Damage Shields
+ Reduced Casting Time of Ward Series
+ Made the Malise Series Stack Better
+ Made the Burnout Series Better

-Brad
Last edited by skorge; 10-10-2019 at 10:13 AM..
Old 10-10-2019, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah this is all legit above.

Necros were mega OP in original game with charm and pets that fully worked.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately a lot of upper level necro pets are research only. And you probably aren't going to get the pages for them anyway, lot alone succeed a combine.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem with your statement is that pet spells were considered "enhancement to the class" by Brad himself...you know the guy who created Everquest? Meaning that these were not a bug or lack of development resources. See bold in quote below. At the time they only wanted higher pets to cast spells apparently. So, no, not a bug bro.
I don't see a reason why you would revert on something that was fixed because it was really poorly designed. The changes were made because they designed things poorly and realized they'd messed up. If they'd known that at launch, they would have implemented at launch. Reverting things back to poor design at launch that made a class practicably unplayable past a certain level is a really pointless exercise to do "just because", "bro".

You would think someone who acts so knowledgeable about EQ would realize that mobs can be voice grafted and not run to Befallen and spread the word that the GM event is below level 10 only.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Same argument could be made for UI "fixes" like permanent compass that always shows what direction your going once sense heading is maxed.

Pet window...a billion other quality of life fixes.

Its going to come down to how classic they're trying to make it. A lot of classic is painful.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ugh. I really thought you guys could figure it out given a list of 20 quests, most of which are obviously not it. Too lazy I guess.

Say something to reebo. Get an item. give reebo item back, get exp. You can do this in 3.5 seconds. You can reach level five in an hour or so.
If you are talking about the carrot quest it takes like 10-20 seconds per completion of both turn-in's. Just hail Reebo to get him to stop moving. At level 1 this quest is 1 yellow for the whole cycle --- Reebo carrot give to bartender, give rotten carrot back to Reebo (20% xp @ lvl 1) it drops to 4% XP at lvl 2. If there is a floor to the drop (4% a pop) then yeah you could get lvl 5 in like 90 minutes but I would assume level 3 would drop the XP to around 1% given Values to ding. Maybe Druids get a penalty for making a profit off of carrots that come their cherished earth. I could check and confirm but I would bet anything the carrot quest nose dives once you hit 3.

I did notice alot of rogues only quests in the Fool's Gold that require you to move like almsot no distance to complete as well, I didn't mess with them though.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are talking about the carrot quest it takes like 10-20 seconds per completion of both turn-in's. Just hail Reebo to get him to stop moving. At level 1 this quest is 1 yellow for the whole cycle --- Reebo carrot give to bartender, give rotten carrot back to Reebo (20% xp @ lvl 1) it drops to 4% XP at lvl 2. If there is a floor to the drop (4% a pop) then yeah you could get lvl 5 in like 90 minutes but I would assume level 3 would drop the XP to around 1% given Values to ding. Maybe Druids get a penalty for making a profit off of carrots that come their cherished earth. I could check and confirm but I would bet anything the carrot quest nose dives once you hit 3.

I did notice alot of rogues only quests in the Fool's Gold that require you to move like almsot no distance to complete as well, I didn't mess with them though.
Hint: You don't do the whole cycle.
Closed Thread