Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferahgo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately P99 has a culture full of cynical players. Anyone against mages getting their pets because "It's classic" is lying, they are just acting callous because that is who they truly are as a person.
Do you think that if you just keep lying enough, you can magically bring about the reality you wish for? You people. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2019, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right. He (and the others) has been 95+% consistently making mechanics classic for over a decade AND says that's what he is trying to do... but we totally should not believe him because of a handful of exceptions that are generally explained by the fact that this is a hobby and handled by volunteers.

Why didn't I think of that?!
He (and the others) have been doing things in a nonclassic way for QoL and convenience for over a decade. When he chooses some QoL things over others it seems more like perhaps some people's complaints get them further and that perhaps he isn't as unbiased as the sig suggests.

I'd be willing to believe: "Make it classic except when it makes the game unplayable for some, or exploited by some", which is fine and very much in the spirit of the game (mage fixes on live were made ASAP and only took so long because of the time to discover the problem, so again it is in the spirit of the game to introduce them).

But then they just don't patch mages and makes it seem like "Let me make the QoL changes that people I like benefit from and not bother with others".
Old 12-02-2019, 11:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you think that if you just keep lying enough, you can magically bring about the reality you wish for? You people. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what this means but much of what you post lately seems to have little meaning other than trying to rile people up. You've become a true troll of this community over the years, I'm sure you're happy with yourself.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages on Live had no pets beyond 29 for two months after release. The situation here is actually unclassically good.
i never played classic eq or a server from start; green is my first experience. i just always thought research combines were "broken" at 34...so you're telling me this is classic?

(edit) also, i'm not lobbying for vendored pet spells...i'm a gambling man and i personally think doing combines up to 49 is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by putrid_plum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go outside a bit instead of freaking out about some pets that will be fixed in time. I personally find it a bit amusing that these players picked mage to be quick levelers and power houses and now all I see is crying.
i'm a mage at heart and going for my 3rd epic..not everyone made the class to neckbeard it to 50. i didn't even know about the whole pet thing until i was lvl 20.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Last edited by supermonk; 12-02-2019 at 11:57 AM..
Old 12-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He (and the others) have been doing things in a nonclassic way for QoL and convenience for over a decade.
What unclassic QOL and convenience features have been added into the game? I feel like if my claim about 95+% consistency in pursuing classic mechanics isn't true, it should be no problem for you to fire off dozens of examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferahgo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what this means but much of what you post lately seems to have little meaning other than trying to rile people up. You've become a true troll of this community over the years, I'm sure you're happy with yourself.
Of course you don't know what that means. That was pretty much my point. You don't know the truth when it slaps you in the face unless the truth just so happens to be what you already wanted to hear. You're got no good argument for why things should be the way you want, so you blame a culture of cynicism for holding back you few good apples even though the vast majority of people involved in p99 are not some big, cynical conspiracy; and you think a person just must be a dick IRL if he dares to want a classic mechanic in the game; and you call me a troll when I point out how asinine the things you're saying are.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-02-2019 at 12:18 PM..
Old 12-02-2019, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
What you mean, "you people ?"
Old 12-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you mean, "you people ?"
The very post you quoted describes the sort of people I'm talking about.

Are you one of those people too? What did you THINK I meant by "you people" immediately following a pretty clear implication of who I was talking about?
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-02-2019 at 01:07 PM..
Old 12-02-2019, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

This was an ideological decision to appease forum trolls over playerbase.

This thread is more than enough evidence of that.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The very post you quoted describes the sort of people I'm talking about.

Are you one of those people too? What did you THINK I meant by "you people" immediately following a pretty clear implication of who I was talking about?
Non-whites
Old 12-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

just give mages their pets. holy shit this is ridiculous. this is already not at all "classic" - that argument is just asinine.
Closed Thread