Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 06:53 PM
Banned

it's obvious the reason he doesn't want to share the "strats" is because they are probably more like "grey area exploits"
Old 01-23-2017, 07:20 PM
Fire Giant

only reason to cheese fights is for $$$ WTS loot rights for $$$

even back in the day RMT was huge.. lol
Old 01-24-2017, 02:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry but I had to LOL a little bit about can't go into specifics of your strategy. Like OGC has some super sekret strat.

I'll save you the effort.

The Councilmen spawn on pedestals at positions on a clock, every other one is mezzable. Pull those out first. Either pull them onto the south side of the island or directly into the drop in cubby. Mez them then stick slow and other debuffs. Then roll your CH chain or spot Heal depending on mana efficiency concerns, beat down the Councilmen to 5%, no DoTs after 80%, remove DoT augs from weaponry. Mesmerize it and use Paladin Divine Stun to punt into the back of the corner. Mark NPC as necessary to keep track of mezzable targets if necessary.

Repeat 6 times until all 6 are mezzed in the back of the cubby. If regen is an issue go through at this point dropping all back down to 5%, break them one by one. Then move the main raid to the center island. Keep All Enchanters except one, 1 Shaman, 1 Bard, 1 Cleric in the mezzable cubby to refresh mez, debuffs, and keep chorus up. Enchanters can wield non-magic weaponry and attack their mob to prevent the random memblurs that occur on mezzed mobs on live. Or you can roll the dice and just cast tash after every mez too.

The main raid will take on tankables with the similar strategy from before. When the flecking is complete at 20% leave behind one Tank and 1-2 priests to keep the tank healed. Beat down to 5% and move on to the next one. Separate your raid enough such that AEs from different Councilmen aren't overlapping.

Have one enchanter/Shaman continually run between them reslowing and debuffing.

When all 6 tankables are engaged and being offtanked at 5% HP send the main raid to the mez cubby. Fire off MGB SotW/CR and begin breaking mezzed to beat them down. If Regen is a problem do this one by one until the mezzables are all under 5%. Or just faceroll and kill them. You have 5:45 to kill all 12 or you have failed.

Avatar of Earth spawns and is a pushover, enjoy Time pixels.
ITS AS IF YOU SPIED ON US [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-24-2017, 02:47 AM
Banned

whats going on in here
Old 01-24-2017, 03:04 AM
Kobold

If Troll didn't know about it, no one else did either.

If Troll couldn't do something, no one else could either.

If Troll liked something, everyone else did too.

Gee, almost like there's a pattern here.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20025568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give me Hamm on 5, hold the Mayo
If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.
The best VP shaman hammers too?
Old 01-24-2017, 03:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
irrelevant BDA member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance
Did you have a single friend left in BDA when you left? Just curious. Personally I thought you never should have been let back in after you had a hissy fit over loot despite skipping 95% of the raids to camp Heiro cloaks. Wasn't alone!
Old 01-24-2017, 04:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My issue has always been with the leadership of BDA
Quote:
You may be generally unhappy and disappointed when you're not given the special favors or admiration you believe you deserve.
Very, um, "unique" version of history you have there. LOL

I've never hidden who I am here. Even Swish knew. Not sure why you were so slow on the uptake. And I've certainly never thrown any fit about people leveling too fast. My issues with Phinny had nothing to do with BDA or any of the people in it.

Those were some... long... RL breaks. But hey, I guess 7 out of the last 10 raids after skipping the previous several hundred still counts as 70% right!

Was bitching and moaning about loot something unique to your time in BDA or were you like that on Live before too?
Old 01-24-2017, 04:50 AM
Kobold

[QUOTE=jcr4990;2451468]Or you're just super dumb idk.[quote]

Quote:
At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior.
Quote:
Bitching about loot is something that started and ended with BDA for me. Every other guild I've been a part of in every MMO since 1999 has been DKP and I get what I earn. Nothing more nothing less. Very different than raiding with 90%+ attendance for 4 months with loot raining from the sky every night and getting a couple shitty scrap items to show for it.
Four months eh. Like, whole months. Wowsers.

Maybe you're right though. I wonder if they were trying to tell you something.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-24-2017, 05:36 AM
Kobold

Very strange. Having watched BDA give out loot for a long time, I never once got a sense of that. I'm not going to say I agreed with every decision because that is impossible, but even when I disagreed I *never* saw a time where I didn't think they had at least a reasonable basis for their decision. There were times I knew Chest was holding his nose giving out loot to someone, but he still did it.

But then, that's the strength of loot council over the cold spreadsheet of dkp. You can look beyond just attendance. Did you ever try to see why things were the way they were beyond how you felt mistreated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo, and this time I close the bracket[/quote
Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
Taking advantage of others to get what you want
Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Being envious of others and believing others envy you
Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
Old 01-24-2017, 05:52 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like a terrible loot system where frequent attendees were overlooked in favor of some close pals.

Who'd want to be in a guild like that? Not half the TLP players that followed BDA and left when they got there apparently.
Closed Thread