Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No one would care if ravager suddenly stopped posting.
This is true, but I never said otherwise. Thanks for playing. No one would care if you stopped posting either.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one would care if you stopped posting either.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

phinny has more pop then blue/red/tak most likely every server on eqemulator combined.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My pixels are pure and not instanced, my characters will be accessible without kronos for as long as P99 exists. I don't spend anything on XP pots, or kronos, or other crap to enjoy myself in the world of Norrath. I definitely don't aim for 12-13 AAs per aoe kill... so my feeling of nostalgia is in tact.

11 weeks to go Phinny players.... tick... tick...tick...
I have more P99 pixels than you do and they are still there for me every time I feel like logging on.

Some of us just aren't obsessively focused on one underpopulated server on a niche emulation project. Not really sure how long I'll play Phinigel but it's not like that is all I'm playing. Some days I don't play ANY EQ (emulated or otherwise) and play other videogames or none at all! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2017, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

^ Those are naming violations. You just made the list!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Kobold

Swish's time frame is off. PoP may be the last expansion that is highly regarded by people in general remembering EQ, but for raiders it will go until OoW at least. Only after the release of DoN will population in the raiding sector start dropping. Before that, some guilds will be noticing the applicant pool getting smaller, and after that the less successful and less dedicated guilds will start seeing problems getting the numbers to get stuff done. The top end will probably be able to cannibalize people leaving those guilds for a LONG time, maybe an entire year, even more for the top one or two. The server in general will be a small fraction of the size by then, but the guilds at the top will endure for much longer. Even Fippy still has one guild going after all.

Those people who want to play PoP and earlier EQ will just jump to the new server when it releases in the summer. I can tell you one thing - they won't come here. The amount of people who have tried P99 and left is insane, every group seems to have a few expats who left for all sorts of reasons and others who simply never wanted to bother with emulation.

It's a possibility more people should consider - Sirken leaves the endgame as awful as possible simply because if it was actually any good, the server wouldn't be able to handle the number of people who would play it.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mendacium is getting hungry

wowwwwww
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mendacium is getting hungry

Yea but did Dottedup ever try and recruit you?
Old 02-12-2017, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

Not in time yet but am wondering do the Time Phased Quintessence drop yet? Or are people gonna have to do backflag raids to flag a couple people/ new recruits?
Old 02-13-2017, 01:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshan Evanstar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did IVAS and Entendre spend 6 hours wiping to Rathe Council, we missed our 1st kill because the last mob was at 30% when our first Council member repoped, 2nd Attempt we pooped on it.
IVAS didn't spend 6 hours wiping. We started our night with xegony, cornaiv, and fennin, then moved onto PoE, when we got to the point of doing PoEb we were on a flagging high and figured we'd just steamroll it. By the time we were at the council drop down it was already 1am, people were losing focus, was 2am by the time we had everything setup an were ready to kill. Then things went to shit, people had to sleep for work the next day, so on and so forth.

So there was one wipe, not 6 hours of them on our part. Sucked about the lockout though. On the bright side, it will take one more week before we're saying "ugh, time again" I suppose.
Rxtx - 60 Necromancer | Pushn - 51 Monk
Closed Thread