Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will wizards be viable and wanted? Always wanted to wizard but never liked how they are not top desired in exp group. How will green make that different?
Wizards don't get any buffs, but some other folks get a few indirect nerfs. Melee won't have good weapons and other gear, meaning less damage (and possibly more healing needed). Pet casters lost some UI features they are used to. Charmers won't have hit point or charisma gear or spellgem clickies for quite a while. NPCs in classic era have fewer hit points. Caster NPCs will be relatively more dangerous to already-weaker groups. The world is smaller, but there aren't dozens of druid alts all over the world waiting to port you to your destination 24/7.

All these things increase the relative appeal of the things wizards bring to the table.

I'm not sure how many people who tended to shun wizards on blue will really process all of this. But I know *I* would be more happy to see a wizard in my group on green than I would have been on blue.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:08 AM
Kobold

Human enchanter with 100 base strength to carry all the loots!
Old 10-24-2019, 10:13 AM
Orc

I love my Erudite SK on Blue, and it was my main on Live (though I only got to low/mid-20s then). I was certainly tempted to start him again on Green. But I decided to go a different direction on Green. I've always wanted to try a Paladin but didn't get past the teens in Blue Or Live.

The fact that Erudite SKs aren't even a thing at the start of Green made it easier.

Green: Jonen, Half-elf Paladin <Castle>
Old 10-24-2019, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love my Erudite SK on Blue, and it was my main on Live (though I only got to low/mid-20s then). I was certainly tempted to start him again on Green. But I decided to go a different direction on Green. I've always wanted to try a Paladin but didn't get past the teens in Blue Or Live.

The fact that Erudite SKs aren't even a thing at the start of Green made it easier.
When is Erudite SK confirmed to be available?
Old 10-24-2019, 11:16 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When is Erudite SK confirmed to be available?
Not sure if they've said specifically, but assuming they're following the launch timeline, it'll come a couple of months before Kunark, with the Paineel patch (I think - someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

Green: Jonen, Half-elf Paladin <Castle>
Old 10-24-2019, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Ya Paineel was like a year after launch or so - I could see it coming in September 2020
Old 10-24-2019, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubba [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing different.

60 Enchanter on Blue.

Going a big ugly Troll SK for Green.

I know it will be a hell of a lot harder, but I'm in no rush and want something totally different this time around.
Having leveled a dark elf SK on P99 during classic-era 2010 and remembering the pain, I can only imagine how slow and difficult it will be with the added racial penalty. I'll be cheering for ya.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seem to become more indecisive each day that goes by as Green approaches. I can definitely say I will not roll a Druid because I’ve been there and done that.
Saving DRU for pVp but me wonder if tiRe of SK smaSh
Old 10-24-2019, 11:51 AM
Orc

I'm stoked as well! I didn't play live until Kunark came out and only lasted through PoP. I'll be playing a cleric for the first time since I mained a monk on live. I will be starting in my original home town of Qeynos though because memories.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Wizard in groups will actually be pretty good on green, especially compared to blue. Bringing stuns against casters, roots for CC and nukes that will actually be good damage compared to melee classes wielding 5/38's and no haste. They will still be a budget mage in groups unfortunately, and you will have to prove to others that you're worth grouping with, but much better on green i'd imagine.