Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Orc

real life calls sometimes, dont penalize the guy for it
Old 01-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Seems like it could have been agreed upon before anyone went AFK, for starters, since you guys were explicitly there for the cloak?
Old 01-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

We were there for the crypt camp, all of it.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a special case that you couldn't agree to beforehand.
I can see the issue of rules maybe not having been agreed upon yet...but that isn't necessarily how it had to be.

It seems to me that the aim of the group from long before the cloak dropped was to get into the crypt and get some loot. Rules for how loot would be handled should have been laid down before they cleared the first mob otw to crypt.

If a hypothetical situation arises where there truly isn't any time to establish loot rules, then I would have to say that the only fair way of distribute loot is a random...but I can't think of a single time this hypothetical situation has actually happened to me.

If there are no agreed upon loot rules its 99.99% likely that folks just never discussed it or forgot to discuss it before loot dropped.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:16 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderenter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In that situation, I think it was right to let everyone roll. If the group has been together for a while killing mobs and someone goes afk for a short period of time (somewhat subjective) they shouldn't be penalized.
this so much.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 01-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Nah when you go afk you dont go begging for loot dropped by mobs you didnt even help kill. But at the same time if someone in the group needs it to wear the only decent thing to do is pass it on to them
Old 01-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by portbitch69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
since you were gonna let the afk'ers roll anyway, yall should have waited to roll untill everyone was back from afk
^ This
Old 01-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontheripper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah when you go afk you dont go begging for loot dropped by mobs you didnt even help kill. But at the same time if someone in the group needs it to wear the only decent thing to do is pass it on to them
Nah, thats not a trivial place to get into and if you helped fight in, you shouldn't be robbed of a chance just because you had to go pee. It would not have even been a question in a group I ran. For a droppable, I would have held rolls until all were back. If it's nodrop, then you just gotta do what you gotta do. Even then I would have had somebody do an extra random for the other person, just in case they got back in time.

*edit* of course, it depends on why they went AFK and how long. If they said, 'well, i'll be back in a while, I gotta do something while we wait', and they were gone longer than a normal spawn and they missed it, oh well. But if they said, 'afk for a min, gotta pee' or the dog needs to go out or something like that I would have held rolls.
Last edited by fadetree; 01-12-2015 at 04:38 PM..
Old 01-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Unless the fellow had just joined or stealth afk'd and nearly killed everyone as a result there is no reason should not be allowed to roll and the runner up is a jackass, though I can sympathize with the frustration of thinking you've something and then learning you have not and must cede the item to the actual winner.

On loot rules in general, random is the only equitable form of loot distribution, ever. NBG is either a cunning exploitation of common errors in logic or an utter failure of rational thought. Who would like to discuss further? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Any loot distribution method agreed to by the group is the best method, period. NBG works fine in a lot of cases (friends, guildmates, mix of friends/guildies and potential friends/recruits.) NBG on a super high demand item like a heiro cloak seems unlikely tho.
Closed Thread