Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't work like that for House races

We don't have elections anymore where politicians try to convince voters their policies are good or even work

We have ballot harvesting operations where ballots are tied to addresses and ballot boxes are stuffed with 'votes'
I love watching this dude jump from one foot to the other

Quote:
David Frum said: Maybe you do not care much about the future of the Republican Party. You should. Conservatives will always be with us. If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Someone gotta start a Free Iran or Rumors of war thread or somethin.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-16-2022, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Oh btw unrelated but I was thinking about this... I know we hate tech but god damn like 50k high paying tech people losing their jobs I saw on MSNBC this morning, between 5 different companies?

What is the plan for the economy? To destroy it and then the inflation will stop?

As far as I know the goverment hasnt gotten rid of the TSA because they dont want to be the goverment that causes 80k jobs to go up in smoke.

The current white house is going defcon 5 against the economy because the national debt is too high.

Fed says it wants to get wages down, then 1 years after that tech boom industry fires 50k people?

2 spooky 4 me.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh btw unrelated but I was thinking about this... I know we hate tech but god damn like 50k high paying tech people losing their jobs I saw on MSNBC this morning, between 5 different companies?

What is the plan for the economy? To destroy it and then the inflation will stop?

As far as I know the goverment hasnt gotten rid of the TSA because they dont want to be the goverment that causes 80k jobs to go up in smoke.

The current white house is going defcon 5 against the economy because the national debt is too high.

Fed says it wants to get wages down, then 1 years after that tech boom industry fires 50k people?

2 spooky 4 me.
defcon 5 is the least spooky one it's like a backwards scale or something.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2 spooky 4 me.
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2022...3001668625238/

Quote:
Biden administration warns of spike in delinquencies without student loan forgiveness

Nov. 16 (UPI) -- The Biden administration is warning of a major wave of delinquencies if his student loan forgiveness policy is not carried out.

U.S. Under Secretary of Education James Kvaal filed a stay of judgment order with a federal court in Texas Tuesday, warning the court of the negative ramifications if the loan forgiveness plan remains blocked. Judge Mark Pittman of the U.S. District Court of Northern Texas blocked the plan Monday with an injunction, stopping it in its tracks.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/pers...ut/ar-AA13UI7E

Quote:
After student loan forgiveness, 73% of borrowers plan to spend more on travel and dining out

In fact, 73% of anticipated recipients say they expect to spend their debt forgiveness on non-essential items, including travel, dining out and new tech, according to a recent survey from Intelligent.com.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:

2 spooky 4 me.
There is a big difference between what some millionaire who works at the fed says should happen and what some awful CEO actually does.

I generally subscribe to the "there is nobody at the helm of the ship" theory of government or whatever the hell that is called. Nobody has a plan. Everyone fakes it till they makes it. Imposter syndrome only happens in people who are capable of self-awareness.

I figured a big crash was coming someday when Uber first became popular. I was certain by the time "gig economy" became commonplace. The factory jobs mostly moved away by the time I was old enough to join the labor force, but I am sure people saw this vaguely coming even then.

You really should listen to episodes of Citations Needed.
Old 11-16-2022, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The factory jobs mostly moved away by the time I was old enough to join the labor force, but I am sure people saw this vaguely coming even then.
Ok but why?

Old 11-16-2022, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok but why?
Because labor is cheaper in "developing" countries, and often in those same places unions that might potentially conglomerate can easily be prevented with good old fashioned violence and bribery

Which brings me back to supporting the thing that they all obviously fear, govts and companies: collective action
Old 11-16-2022, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Attachment 19638

Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 11-16-2022, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roe overturned and GOP won The House

I'll take it
As long as you admit you lost a free and fair election because of policies you support
Closed Thread