Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Intent definitely matters, at least to most schools of philosophy (I'm sure someone can find a quote from some philosopher arguing otherwise).

But when does responsibility start? If you are aware you could be doing something to hurt someone, and you keep doing it anyway, can you still honestly say you lack any intent to hurt them?
In law it certainly wouldn’t be a defense to say “well I didn’t INTEND to do it, I just knew that there were pretty good odds what I was doing could hurt someone”

It’s a nonsensical argument and that commenter is a moron
Old 08-05-2021, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing is you’re expecting other people to subscribe to your medical beliefs. That’s the core issue. While you see vaccines as life saving and excellent preventative medicine, I see it as poison and a violation of everything I believe in. I don’t understand why you cannot take your own medicine to protect you, you need me to take it too. That’s my disconnect. By all means take whatever you want to protect you from the world, but expecting your neighbor to take your medicine too because your medicine doesn’t work unless I take it as well is completely ridiculous.
Do you take any medicine at all? Whether over the counter or prescription?

Have you ever had surgery?
Old 08-05-2021, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In law it certainly wouldn’t be a defense to say “well I didn’t INTEND to do it, I just knew that there were pretty good odds what I was doing could hurt someone”

It’s a nonsensical argument and that commenter is a moron
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or you're just a total idiot. I dunno, take any sort of example you want, take vehicular manslaughter VS vehicular homicide. 'Judge I was drunk driving and didn't mean to kill him VS yeah I ran him over he had it coming.' How about this, 'hey judge I got a parking ticket for parking in a handicap spot but I didn't see it VS fuck handicap people getting the best parking spaces I parked there on purpose.' Which scenario is getting bigger fine? See if you can figure out if intent matters.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or you're just a total idiot. I dunno, take any sort of example you want, take vehicular manslaughter VS vehicular homicide. 'Judge I was drunk driving and didn't mean to kill him VS yeah I ran him over he had it coming.' How about this, 'hey judge I got a parking ticket for parking in a handicap spot but I didn't see it VS fuck handicap people getting the best parking spaces I parked there on purpose.' Which scenario is getting bigger fine? See if you can figure out if intent matters.
Yeah that was my point. You’re still getting convicted of manslaughter
Old 08-05-2021, 10:38 PM
Banned

U guys got mad over the semantics of the word manslaughter.

I'm glad u made up tho. U should both be working together against the government supporting fascist authoritarianism. Anything less is probably also a form of manslaughter lol.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, it really wasn't an experiment at all, and when actual scientists tried to reproduce his results, they couldn't:

Hopefully that gives you a little more hope in humanity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was not aware of that, and yes it does.

Thank you Loramin!

-Mcoy
Old 08-05-2021, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What over reporting of the death rate are you referring to specifically, Mr. antivax conspiracy theorist?
Fact: if you had covid in your system and died, you were a covid fatality.

You dumb fuck.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah that was my point. You’re still getting convicted of manslaughter
Hey cd, glad to see you're still bitter and thinking you know it all. If you really did, you might realize we were not talking legally but morally/principally when I brought up intent. We are carrying on a conversation that came from Danth and Evia talking about their principles and beliefs. But just to illustrate how much intent really does mean legally, it can currently mean the difference between dismissed charges and terrorism charges in the US regarding COVID as of a DOJ statement made March 25, 2020 indicating that intentional spreading or weaponization of COVID would be considered an act of terror. So, yeah, the difference in punishment for intentionally spreading it versus accidentally spreading it is quite drastic I'd say, so your point is really not made.

Quote:
If someone yelled fire in a theatre and someone you loved died in the stampede, would you want them punished? Now, if someone doesn't get a vaccine, and kills someone you love, same question?
My simple answer to the COVID question is ‘no’. The vaccination does not stop you from spreading COVID. The best the CDC says is it 'might also help protect people around them.' That's straight from their website. While I believe it does have some benefits, the vaccine is not nearly the panacea you and others make it out to be. The primary reason to take it right now is for your own personal health if you believe it works and are not concerned with unstudied long term side effects. Either way, you can still potentially kill someone's grandma. I do agree with punishing people that intentionally spread it, of course.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synphul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey cd, glad to see you're still bitter and thinking you know it all. If you really did, you might realize we were not talking legally but morally/principally when I brought up intent. We are carrying on a conversation that came from Danth and Evia talking about their principles and beliefs. But just to illustrate how much intent really does mean legally, it can currently mean the difference between dismissed charges and terrorism charges in the US regarding COVID as of a DOJ statement made March 25, 2020 indicating that intentional spreading or weaponization of COVID would be considered an act of terror. So, yeah, the difference in punishment for intentionally spreading it versus accidentally spreading it is quite drastic I'd say, so your point is really not made.

My simple answer to the COVID question is ‘no’. The vaccination does not stop you from spreading COVID. The best the CDC says is it 'might also help protect people around them.' That's straight from their website. While I believe it does have some benefits, the vaccine is not nearly the panacea you and others make it out to be. The primary reason to take it right now is for your own personal health if you believe it works and are not concerned with unstudied long term side effects. Either way, you can still potentially kill someone's grandma. I do agree with punishing people that intentionally spread it, of course.
Lol what…
Old 08-06-2021, 12:37 AM
Fire Giant

Should be required reading for Trumptards, conspiracy theorists, vaccine skeptics, and other morons. Written by an actual Republican and instructor at the Naval War College.

https://www.amazon.com/Death-Experti...8223895&sr=8-1

"Tom Nichols is fighting a rear-guard action on behalf of those dangerous people who actually know what they are talking about. In a compelling, and often witty, polemic, he explores why experts are routinely disregarded and what might be done to get authoritative knowledge taken more seriously." - Sir Lawrence Freedman, Emeritus Professor of War Studies, King's College London, and author of Strategy
Closed Thread