Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd bet it's more mouse clicks than maxing tailoring.
/cringe tailoring lol
Old 12-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

Anyone else think you should be required to play gems in order to meditate?
Old 12-18-2019, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you only gain back mana when you clear a line....

Finally the best gems players shall have their day in the sun and be the most powerful casters the world has ever known!!!!
Old 12-18-2019, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m 100% in.

Gems is the real endgame.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 12-18-2019, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get to level 35 and you just have to sit.
Excellent, I've found kiting to be challenging as a wizard when you can't sit for each med tick.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this, makes it at least a bit less awful, as someone who is used to typing out all commands (im from MUDs), having a key or having med bound to sit, and then all u gotta do is click med.

And yes, during classic when u opened the book u immediately med. you never had to click med. However this must be to the client or something, or the massive amount of work to fix. either way. take what u can get folks. shits vlassic.
This is incorrect as the post with the patch message points out. In 1999 and in to 2000, you had to click the ned button every time you sat down. It was changed after a while as noted above.

The old macro was

/sit
/meditate

Which was so much better than what we have now, which is a lot of mouse work.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:45 PM
Banned

i bound the book to a hotkey 1-6

had to click meditate every time.... did that for 35 lvls now i can just sit?

I do notice tho that if you open the spell book and swap out spells that the meditate button can still be pressed in, can anyone confirm you are actually meditating. I thought the button is suppose to be perma pressed in 35+

i might ticket this
Old 12-18-2019, 05:31 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play Shaman. Canni dancing would be horribly uncomfortable if I had to time a spellbook button AND a pixel perfect mouse click along with sitting down within a tiny window of time.

From what I read auto-medding came out 4 months into Kunark but there was a /meditate command we could macro. I'm sure the devs already have a lot on their hands and the Titanium client isn't exactly flexible but I consider this to be a priority.
I hit 24 on my Shammy. This is the first Shaman I've played, so take anything I say with a grain of salt. But so far canni dancing hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I have hotkey 2 set up to cast Canni and then hotkey 3 set up to sit and open the book. I have my spellbook parked in a specific place. It takes a second to reorient myself if it's been a couple of minutes since I did it, but once you get into the groove it's not a big deal.

The only thing I'd say that really bothers me about it is it makes it harder to pay attention to what's going on around me, including my group's health. Not impossible, but requires more mental bandwidth than I'm used to giving to my normally chill shammy.

EDIT: I'd say that the thing that makes it harder to tell what's going on is that, not only do you have to hit canni (which fizzles way more often than I expected it would), open book, manually click meditate button, but then you have to watch for the tick, which seems to be weirdly inconsistent, at least on this server (I never played Blue, I did play Live but it was never something I paid attention to before.) Like you'll see your health jump up, back down. Sometimes I see my mana tick up twice with about half a second to a second between. So I THINK I'm doing ok but it's hard to tell, and requires way more focus than I wish it did.
Last edited by vordrax; 12-18-2019 at 05:34 PM..
Old 12-18-2019, 06:32 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
I have hotkey 2 set up to cast Canni and then hotkey 3 set up to sit and open the book.
You could save a bit of work if you make a macro with:

/stand
/pause ##, /cast # (Add this line again if you are able to cast twice between ticks.)
/book

I have never played a Shammy and don't know the specifics of canna dancing, but I don't see why that wouldn't work. Should take you down to 2 clicks, just the macro button and med button.
Last edited by listur; 12-18-2019 at 06:34 PM..
Old 12-18-2019, 06:43 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by listur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could save a bit of work if you make a macro with:

/stand
/pause ##, /cast # (Add this line again if you are able to cast twice between ticks.)
/book

I have never played a Shammy and don't know the specifics of canna dancing, but I don't see why that wouldn't work. Should take you down to 2 clicks, just the macro button and med button.
Unfortunately fizzles kill that macro. My canni button does stand though!
Closed Thread