Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 10:12 PM
Sarnak

It's never too late to reroll as iksar (with 25 dex for warrior).

Unless you play green in which case wait a few months then reroll.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

sooo heres my thing its alot easier to cap sta/str than it is dex and yes you can cap sta with high end gear easily no need to put your points into sta go dex

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 01-23-2020, 01:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No warrior gives a shit about getting 255 str. Invis from clickies are not reliable for many things, and you can't duplicate sneak at all. Invis randomly fades, hide/sneak does not. if you camp out, you can't regen any hit points. Ya, sure if you kill things faster with higher str. Too bad warriors aren't around to do DPS. It's like painting flames on a geo metro.
WTF are you talking about??? I have seen several warriors be in the top 3 dps thanks to Mighty Strike Discipline and also thanks to Berserker Frenzy Detoxx was #1 on the dps meter a few times man

Old 01-23-2020, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Precision is war dps disc Goof! Mighty strike last like 5 seconds.

And Front stun thing don't matter at all on raid tank...source me, I am a raid tank /roar. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2020, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Precision is war dps disc Goof! Mighty strike last like 5 seconds.

And Front stun thing don't matter at all on raid tank...source me, I am a raid tank /roar. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my bad I dont play a warrior thanks for the clarfication /nod

Old 01-23-2020, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTF are you talking about??? I have seen several warriors be in the top 3 dps thanks to Mighty Strike Discipline and also thanks to Berserker Frenzy Detoxx was #1 on the dps meter a few times man
Oh ya man SK has the highest DPS in the game. /unholy Harm touch! Highest DPS evah!

Good lord. You embarrass your guild posting here.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

DMN is trying to impress on you people that in the long run, racials/stats for the warrior class doesn’t matter much. FSI is overrated when theirs rechargeable clickies. Play what race you genuinely like the most and make a name for yourself.

Side note - QoL on halfling warrior is really nice in the FULL lifespan of classic, yes it’s no question ogre has better starting stats but in the end it’s not such a game breaking thing as you think it is(warrior is a class usually for a person who plans to be actively in the raid scene) Honestly, if anything, it gives you more wiggle room when using resist gear for certain fights and etc.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh ya man SK has the highest DPS in the game. /unholy Harm touch! Highest DPS evah!

Good lord. You embarrass your guild posting here.
embrass them how? cause I am right? dude come on you need to get your facts check about warrior dps lol dont believe ask detoxx and other wars yourself dude

Old 01-24-2020, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greetings!

If I were to start a human warrior, should I throw the 25 starting points in STA as "recommend" or... 25 in DEX, as I also want weapons to proc.. to get/keep agro.

I thinking STA, since HP is king. and you can "only" buff 50 STA.

Where DEX, lots of items have it, FoS, Avatar, etc.

Let me hear your thoughts please [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DMN is trying to impress on you people that in the long run, racials/stats for the warrior class doesn’t matter much. FSI is overrated when theirs rechargeable clickies. Play what race you genuinely like the most and make a name for yourself.

Side note - QoL on halfling warrior is really nice in the FULL lifespan of classic, yes it’s no question ogre has better starting stats but in the end it’s not such a game breaking thing as you think it is(warrior is a class usually for a person who plans to be actively in the raid scene) Honestly, if anything, it gives you more wiggle room when using resist gear for certain fights and etc.
Just started a warrior (troll) for the first time ever this week and a few thoughts-

Pick your favorite race, your staring at it a looooong time. As much as i want to like other races i always come back to troll.

Go DEX. Any decent dex item has shit AC and you dont want to be switching out AC for DEX because its sub 100 and you dont crit has much as you could with a near 100 dex base. Annnnd make no mistake- crit equals damage which equals agro.

Dont lie to yourself on the racial ability standouts- FSI which means your producing agro while stunned warriors are not. Regen is no joke in classic-kunark post lvl 20 to the point its noticeable. Sneak-hide combo'd with access to all the good race stuff (quests-cities) is not something to be underestimated. Slam is incredibly underrated for slowing the damage you take from mobs in classic.

Last- STR and STAM items are the easiest to get and if you dont believe me send some random tells to guys on the server during play times and ask what there str,stam,dex is post lvl 45 like i did. Good luck!
Old 01-24-2020, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just started a warrior (troll) for the first time ever this week and a few thoughts-

Pick your favorite race, your staring at it a looooong time. As much as i want to like other races i always come back to troll.

Go DEX. Any decent dex item has shit AC and you dont want to be switching out AC for DEX because its sub 100 and you dont crit has much as you could with a near 100 dex base. Annnnd make no mistake- crit equals damage which equals agro.

Dont lie to yourself on the racial ability standouts- FSI which means your producing agro while stunned warriors are not. Regen is no joke in classic-kunark post lvl 20 to the point its noticeable. Sneak-hide combo'd with access to all the good race stuff (quests-cities) is not something to be underestimated. Slam is incredibly underrated for slowing the damage you take from mobs in classic.

Last- STR and STAM items are the easiest to get and if you dont believe me send some random tells to guys on the server during play times and ask what there str,stam,dex is post lvl 45 like i did. Good luck!

Closed Thread