Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 01:47 AM
Fire Giant

It doesn't have to be either this or either that though. I don't think anyone is actually against a new pvp server, I'm sure as hell not. The dilemma is what to do with the red server. Most people who play(ed) on red, don't like blue because of the fact you can't pvp. So if you move red toons onto blue, it's almost guaranteed that those red toons will never be played again and it opens up the opportunity of severely geared toons ending up getting RMT'd.

I'm giving you viable options. What's wrong with a seasonal purple server, off-season red server, then another seasonal purple server setup?
Old 02-20-2020, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

Because rogean doesn't want to have to open a new physical server. Therefore a new pvp server would be hosted on reds current box.

The only way to have a new pvp server is to do something with reds characters. because of p99s anti wipe stance the only real solution is transfer, in all probability, onto the same server that green99s characters will also be transferred to at the end of its lifecycles, blue.

Think of blue as a museum for elf victories of the past red, blue, and green (post recycle).
Last edited by Danger; 02-20-2020 at 02:05 AM..
Old 02-20-2020, 01:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't have to be either this or either that though. I don't think anyone is actually against a new pvp server, I'm sure as hell not. The dilemma is what to do with the red server. Most people who play(ed) on red, don't like blue because of the fact you can't pvp. So if you move red toons onto blue, it's almost guaranteed that those red toons will never be played again and it opens up the opportunity of severely geared toons ending up getting RMT'd.

I'm giving you viable options. What's wrong with a seasonal purple server, off-season red server, then another seasonal purple server setup?
Because in the interview with Rogean today, that wasn't a viable option.

He clearly stated he does not want to run an additional server.

The option right now, is to merge Red characters into Blue. MAYBE give them a title or something, and then relaunch Red as a Teams PvP server.

Perhaps all of the characters who go from Red to Blue will remain PvP flagged permanently, even on Blue?

We need a resolution that does not involve an additional server, sadly.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:05 AM
Kobold

wipe red clean 2020

rogaine penis pump industries shareholders agree
Old 02-20-2020, 07:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because in the interview with Rogean today, that wasn't a viable option.

He clearly stated he does not want to run an additional server.

The option right now, is to merge Red characters into Blue. MAYBE give them a title or something, and then relaunch Red as a Teams PvP server.

Perhaps all of the characters who go from Red to Blue will remain PvP flagged permanently, even on Blue?
As a red99 player this sounds ok to me. A title and still bein PvP flagged would be cool. In addition, getting a fresh new PVP server, why not? Out with the old in with the new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think of blue as a museum for elf victories of the past red, blue, and green (post recycle).
Im down with the analogy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Christina.; 02-20-2020 at 08:04 AM..
Old 02-20-2020, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

Voting yes on aa's on blue without luclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2020, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

Dulu, I like you taking initiative man so /respect there. However, teams wouldn’t solve the issue of player retention. The genuine problem will always be the toxic players that grief people into not wanting to play, to counter balance this, the idea of instances and pvp flagged zones etc sounds like a mass appealing idea. Again, I would prefer PvP classic way but the fact of the matter is, it brings out the unemployeds who drive away the majority casual player base. Also if the server does a year/two year restart and before every season there is a vote on the rule set or perhaps something along those lines, sounds fun. But teams isn’t the answer at all.

Also - what would be the point to put in AA’s on blue without additional content ? Might as well just add Luclin at that point.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Let the red people come to blue. But they keep PVP tags. If they want to fight it out at camps with other reds, let em. I'd be down for some team battles on a fresh server.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

To have more reason to play your main. You have any idea how much more fun would be to actually improve my toon when playing around in xp groups ! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Woohoo for crits and OMG could hit like 9k hp with AA
Old 02-20-2020, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

They missed the root problem.

Why does Red get stale after a month or 2? Because that is when the gear gap starts to increase from your casual pvpers and unbalanced PVP classes who don't need gear. One guild starts to dominate raid content and push other guilds out of getting gear almost entirely, then they fall behind, to where they have to join up, or risk never catching up.

Instance the main raids and it gives other guilds a chance to get in and safely obtain gear, with the danger being the pvp that will take place on the way to the instance and so on. It creates a spot of guaranteed pvp, as guilds will need to traverse to the instance points and can battle along the way. This keeps them in the game longer and allows them to stay within distance. EQ pvp isn't balanced between classes and gear makes it even less balanced, this is one of the more fun aspects of it but having both working against a person, it becomes no longer exciting. Hence 2 months in, people are like screw this, not logging in to feed trolls and get shit talked for 6 hours a day, with no chance of actually winning, new server plz.

Keep an open world spawn that guilds can compete over for extra loot, this allows that one dominate guild or multiple guilds a chance to compete for an increase in premium loot and still gives them a chance to set some distance, but never allows them to get so far out of reach, that there is no longer a point to log in.
Closed Thread