Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now thats fuckin classic how did you do that?
you know what isnt classic the whole server select screen.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Totally - if someone can get the client to use both the classic server & character select screens without invoking bannable file modification, you are my hero.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daldaen is similar to treats and elethia. They only look for ways to make the game more unbearable
Eh classic was pretty unbearable if you look back at it now. I cant say anything bad about Dald. He is the reason I played on P99 to begin with. He was the one that first told me about p99 over on EQ forums. Great guy even if he does want EQ completely classic bad shit and all lol.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

I appreciate his and Ele's totally indiscriminate approach to this stuff. I tend to think it's less about them actually wanting all of the inhibiting classic features of EQ and more about providing the concrete truth about how the game was in 1999-2001.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought this was the CLASSIC EVERQUEST server, I am bringing attention to a feature that shouldn't be in. Whether or not you'd like to use it is not a question. It's simply not classic.

Move to the bug reports section please. Didn't realize I would get these Luclin-model loving dudes in my thread.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Linking items not classic, pls remove

god bless
Old 12-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Banned

Bump.

Please remove hide corpse looted.
Please remove item link.
Please give us classic char select.
God bless our classic crusaders.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:36 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=189929

nilbog's already aware of this, they just weren't able to get it to place the character at the right coordinates or something. Also, if it requires modifying client files they might be technically forbidden from doing it - they can provide new client files, but they aren't supposed to modify or redistribute the original Titanium client files. Makes me wonder if there's a way to do it by only using P99's dsetup.dll.
Does not require modifying any client files other than dsetup.dll

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 12-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Sweet - have you tried resubmitting it? Sometimes you gotta be repetitive to get their attention. But yeah, I'm sure that'd have to be approved since dsetup.dll is cheat-detection territory.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Just wanted to necro this thread to debunk this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sneak should break when you activate an attack, whether that be auto attack or a ranged attack. Sneak pull should only work when you hit sneak while a projectile is in the air.
From Monkly Business, 9/25/2000:

Quote:
4) Using Thrown Weapons and Sneak to split.

With the changes to Sneak (no longer dropping when you use a thrown weapon ) another use has come up! In order for this to work, you must be using a ranged weapon with a ranger greater then the static aggro of the mob ( ie method # 3 listed above): engage sneak, throw, insta split. Personally I'm using summoned suriken for this, and I haven't had to use FD on a split since I got back into EQ. This includes splitting spawns where the mobs are literally on top of each other, although some times I have hit the mob i didn't have targeted, I have never aggro'ed the other.
Closed Thread