Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 09:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a big believer that you can predict peoples' behavior based on the incentives they have to act
This is a borderline insane comment.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Do the people in your universe act against incentives?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The motivation the ban non-actual-RMTers is that it is easy to mistake the innocent for the guilty.
ROFL, yeah it's so hard to tell whether a transfer came from Platlord or not [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a borderline insane comment.
And yours is way beyond that border.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do the people in your universe act against incentives?
To imply anybody that could use some extra money IRL(I assume that is what you mean by incentive) that has been accused/banned of RMT (easy for the GMs to get wrong) likely did what they were banned for...is stupid.

I remember when Kluwen RMT'd and over 500 accounts got banned, and then almost all of them were unbanned. The tactic that Braknar used back then was to nuke every account that Kluwen ever logged into, including my own, and then unban anybody that petitioned that either 1) didn't have any RMT looking transaction whatsoever, or 2) were able to prove that an RMT-looking trade or transfer was not actual RMT. Almost all of the 500 accounts were unbanned.

I don't know if Llandris learned from what Braknar discovered was a massive headache and was more careful about 110 accounts he banned. If not, he is likely in the middle of unbanning dozens of accounts.

Does that mean the innocents that got caught up in a blanket banning didn't have incentive? Personally I don't, but I would be willing to bet that most p99ers could use the cash that they would net from RMT.

Point being that on p99 I can guarantee that most RMT bans are people that technically had an incentive to RMT but did not RMT and got unbanned if the GM at that time was being fair (like Brak was).
Old 07-17-2019, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To imply anybody that could use some extra money IRL(I assume that is what you mean by incentive) that has been accused/banned of RMT (easy for the GMs to get wrong) likely did what they were banned for...is stupid.

I remember when Kluwen RMT'd and over 500 accounts got banned, and then almost all of them were unbanned. The tactic that Braknar used back then was to nuke every account that Kluwen ever logged into, including my own, and then unban anybody that petitioned that either 1) didn't have any RMT looking transaction whatsoever, or 2) were able to prove that an RMT-looking trade or transfer was not actual RMT. Almost all of the 500 accounts were unbanned.

I don't know if Llandris learned from what Braknar discovered was a massive headache and was more careful about 110 accounts he banned. If not, he is likely in the middle of unbanning dozens of accounts.

Does that mean the innocents that got caught up in a blanket banning didn't have incentive? Personally I don't, but I would be willing to bet that most p99ers could use the cash that they would net from RMT.

Point being that on p99 I can guarantee that most RMT bans are people that technically had an incentive to RMT but did not RMT and got unbanned if the GM at that time was being fair (like Brak was).

Quote:
(I assume that is what you mean by incentive)
When you assume you make an ass out of you and ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But seriously, I think you may have read a bit much into what I wrote. All I was saying was, the staff has no incentive to ban non-RMTers. When Llandris bans a non-RMTer he gets nothing: no plat, no real money, no pat on the back from Rogean ... nothing. So personally I would find it very hard to believe that there was any kind of conspiracy for a GM to ban non-RMTers (unless a particular GM had a grudge against a particular player or something).

But of course, if you want to get into the muck, yes the way staff handles these things is to sometimes do mass bans and then deal with the people afterwards who shouldn't have been banned. I wasn't at all trying to talk about the details of how they do the banning (ie. careful banning vs. mass banning and then fix some).

I was just saying that ultimately, their incentives are to get rid of RMTers; they get nothing out of getting rid of anyone else.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
When you assume you make an ass out of you and ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But seriously, I think you may have read a bit much into what I wrote. All I was saying was, the staff has no incentive to ban non-RMTers. When Llandris bans a non-RMTer he gets nothing: no plat, no real money, no pat on the back from Rogean ... nothing. So personally I would find it very hard to believe that there was any kind of conspiracy for a GM to ban non-RMTers (unless a particular GM had a grudge against a particular player or something).

But of course, if you want to get into the muck, yes the way staff handles these things is to sometimes do mass bans and then deal with the people afterwards who shouldn't have been banned. I wasn't at all trying to talk about the details of how they do the banning (ie. careful banning vs. mass banning and then fix some).

I was just saying that ultimately, their incentives are to get rid of RMTers; they get nothing out of getting rid of anyone else.
Misread your original post. You sir, are correct.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

What are RMT's?
Old 07-24-2019, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsiisAstarte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are RMT's?
Registered Massage Therapists.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsiisAstarte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are RMT's?
Real Money Transfers. When people purchase items/platinum for real money or services.... such as massages!
Closed Thread