Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Default Massive Dragonclaw Shard

I never experienced much of Veliois outside of EW, CC and Velk's. What sort of price should we expect on this item given from whom it drops and how long before the price drops? I am thinking a fair number will be banked for future knight late in anticipation of the xp penalty removal.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You overestimate how much people give a twat about knights.

I'm guessing bugger all because of the sweet drops you can get for free from velks for instance, and by the time you're 45 you'll pay less for loot rights to wtov weap rots.
Pretty much this.

2handers become much better in Velious. In groups, the DPS gain is worth it provided you got a decent 2hander. IF you're soloing, you're probably going to want a 2hander to weave swings. If you're looking to use a 1hander for tanking trash, you're probably going to want something with some stats.

I'm sure there's some scenario that someone will point out where they want to maximize their DPS while being in a full group doing content that requires a shield. If that is the case and you can't score some knight rots elsewhere, you can buy the thing. It shouldn't be a hot item given what Ebon Maces and Rod of Faiths run. I'd guess maybe 30k initially when people start their penalty-free knights.

With that said, I wouldn't underestimate how much fellow elf-sim folk will spend for a cool graphic. I would also add that Jeldorin is both better and very sexy.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

I think this is gonna be worth a ton. It almost has a 1:1 ratio and its 1 hander which means you can use a shield for bash. It also drops off of Zlandicar. So its only gonna go to raiding guilds. So first its gonna go to all the knights that want it just to have it. Then its gonna go to people that want it for alts. And finally to the public.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Hmmm kinda happy to hear that. I had not thought wtov rot loots would be cheaper >[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] There is something to shoot for I suppose.

I've been reluctant to abandon 1h weapons because the stat hit intake from dropping SotSS as an erudite is painful and when you can get the same dmg/dly ratio as a 2h why bother?

What happens in Velious to make 2h so much more effective?
Old 02-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm kinda happy to hear that. I had not thought wtov rot loots would be cheaper >[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] There is something to shoot for I suppose.

I've been reluctant to abandon 1h weapons because the stat hit intake from dropping SotSS as an erudite is painful and when you can get the same dmg/dly ratio as a 2h why bother?

What happens in Velious to make 2h so much more effective?
Depending on whether they put in pre or post upgrade weapons in ToV/Kael/ST, the stats on them are huge with a lot of the 2handers having ratios greater than 1 (damage > delay).
Closed Thread