Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A level 11 in banded is not a paper tank, lol, he's a level 11. Not that rings and plate hurt, they're very nice actually, but good lord it is not necessary to be twinked to the high heavens to play this game. I do realize that this server is full of morons who can't play worth a damn and therefore must at all times utterly overpower the content, but that doesn't mean you have to become one of them.
Amen brother lol

<The A-Team>
Old 03-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Kobold

Its not about twinkage! I got him a pair of 3ac/10hp rings, it seems to have made him durable enough to solo most white cons. I know the actual difference in banded and fine plate is not that big, but it is a massive difference in appearance! Ringmail suits the role of a rogue, bard or ranger just fine, but a knight looks the part only when wearing plate in my opinion! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2015, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

Paladins are not gear dependent in the least. Having nice gear is just a luxury, this game did not magically get harder over the last 5 years, plenty of us made it all the way starting with newbie quest cloth shirts and random items we scored along the way.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:13 AM
Kobold

I did the Bloodforge Hammer quest in Kelethin, but there are not really many quests like that (plus the hammer sucks). Besides, on this server you can EASILY afford a full set of banded at lv 6-7 plus a good weapon if you spend a few hours in CB collecting belts.

Back on live i was still wearing leather in my mid teens until I joined a guild and was donated some leftovers. Because of ignorance, bad weapons and leather armour it took me close to two weeks to get to lv 10 back in the live days, here its a matter of two days of playing moderate hours.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladins are not gear dependent in the least. Having nice gear is just a luxury, this game did not magically get harder over the last 5 years, plenty of us made it all the way starting with newbie quest cloth shirts and random items we scored along the way.
Haven't you heard? This game is not worth playing if you don't have a fungi, RBB and epic MQ. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-17-2015, 03:40 AM
Kobold

Hey Lorian, this is Nicomachus the human pally you met in Qeynos recently. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Send me a tell in-game on Nicomachus or Jick. I have some stuff on my EC mule I can give ya under the condition you stop worrying about your gear so much and enjoy the Paladin class. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[53 Channeler] Xenk
[59 Luminary] Problem
[31 Monk] Solution
Old 03-17-2015, 04:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JickFromTholuxe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Send me a tell in-game on Nicomachus or Jick. I have some stuff on my EC mule I can give ya under the condition you stop worrying about your gear so much and enjoy the Paladin class. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome, very appreciated! Might need to gain a level or two first to prove myself worthy and also to make sure I survive the trek from Qeynos to EC. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread