Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-13-2022, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made my argument like 5 posts ago and you can't refute it

Manastone is dev controlled and it's access is dictated by a timeline. It's a part of the game's history. It was removed because of game mechanics. Not a raid. Players do not control when it drops and when it stops dropping.

Sleeper access is completely controlled by players. Devs will never remove it. Players do.

You're trying to argue apples and oranges

Anyways, it's doesn't matter any more. You're still wrong though.
I did refute it, and you are refuting it yourself. You claim Manastone is removed because of "game mechanics" and "game history". Sleeper is also a "game mechanic" and "game history". There is no difference, even by your own logic.

Your fixation on who flips the switch is irrelevant. Sleeper is a "game mechanic", and meant to be played. The only difference is when Sleeper is awoken. There is no question he will be at some point, and that was the intent, or "game mechanic".

The only difference between Manastone and Sleeper is Manastone has a fixed timer, where Sleeper has a random timer.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did refute it, and you are refuting it yourself. You claim Manastone is removed because of "game mechanics" and "game history". Sleeper is also a "game mechanic" and "game history". There is no difference, even by your own logic.

Your fixation on who flips the switch is irrelevant. Sleeper is a "game mechanic", and meant to be played. The only difference is when Sleeper is awoken. There is no question he will be at some point, and that was the intent, or "game mechanic".

The only difference between Manastone and Sleeper is Manastone has a fixed timer, where Sleeper has a random timer.
What if all the guilds came to an agreement never to awaken the Sleeper?

Would he be removed?

There is something seriously wrong with your brain

You keep saying 'there is no question' when that's not true. Players dictate if that happens or not. NOT DEVS.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if all the guilds came to an agreement never to awaken the Sleeper?

Would he be removed?

There is something seriously wrong with your brain
You're speaking in hypotheticals that basically never happen. The intent of Sleeper was to be played, and data shows he has been awoken on the vast majority of Everquest servers.

Your statement is equivalent to thinking that the developers will get together and decide to let Manastone stay in the loot table permanently. Possible but not probable, and not to be expected.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're speaking in hypotheticals that basically never happen. The intent of Sleeper was to be played, and data shows he has been awoken on the vast majority of Everquest servers.

Your statement is equivalent to thinking that the developers will get together and decide to let Manastone stay in the loot table permanently. Possible but not probable, and not to be expected.
Hold up, you just said 'vast majority' of servers

Not all?
Old 04-14-2022, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Not all?
You are really graspng for staws here. Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it is probable. It is possible the P99 devs decide to respawn Sleeper, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You are really graspng for staws here. Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it is probable. It is possible the P99 devs decide to respawn Sleeper, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
lol you're projecting so bad

This is comical
Old 04-14-2022, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
lol you're projecting so bad

This is comical
What about my statement was projecting? Spouting random nonsense is not an argument. What I said is the truth, just because something is possible doesn't mean it is probable. The data shows most Everquest servers awaken the sleeper. The chances of players agreeing to never wake the Sleeper has a very low probability of happening. I am not sure why this is so difficult to understand.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

Not all?
Test Server, iirc, never awoke the Sleeper. The GMs eventually cut the zone over for testing purposes.

RZ awoke it much later in the timeline and managed to kill Kerafyrm, twice.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

I think the sleeper is a really cool emergent feature that I wish we could lean into on a recycle server like p99

It's not like they could have known we would only play the first 3 expansions, and then quit forever until someone made a recycle server that played the first 3 expansions only and then looped them when they designed the sleeper.

But in that scenario, the sleeper creates this like, 100% player driven nuclear option. And I think it's pretty bad ass if oyu think about it.

Like this is a game all about talking, grouping and forgoing comfort and ease for player interaction.

Here we have a system where the top guilds (goverment) can manage a peaceful and prospersous utopia where everyone gets all the loot.

Or cold and calculated men corrupted by greed and power can use their might to summon a dragon to smote the world into ruin!

It'd be great to just end the server when the sleeper was awoken, and for players to agree to keep it going forever, one day.. at least until the darkness in castle mist Moore finds its way out of that dark pit it was sealed to wreak havok once again...
Old 04-14-2022, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What about my statement was projecting? Spouting random nonsense is not an argument. What I said is the truth, just because something is possible doesn't mean it is probable. The data shows most Everquest servers awaken the sleeper. The chances of players agreeing to never wake the Sleeper has a very low probability of happening. I am not sure why this is so difficult to understand.
'the data shows'

ok mr eq scientist. lol seek sunlight holy *&^% some people are way, way too into this ancient game

human behavior controls whether the sleeper remains on the server. Not the devs. Pure greed is why he was awakened. Nothing more.

You've spent pages now trying to convince people that since devs remove manastone, they shouldn't be pissed that players removed sleeper. That attempt at rhetorical sleight of hand isn't going to work buddy.

It doesn't matter what the probability is. Players have complete control over whether the content remains in the game or not.

I love how guilds at the top are always saying 'we enjoy competition' until they actually get it. Then the inner child comes out when their supremacy is threatened. This is a cycle of insanity on it's 5th generation now over the server's lifetime going back 10+ years

Raid guilds here are basically in a perpetual war for bragging rights. Pixel ego drives them insane.

P99 has always had a core group of toxic raiding crazies. It's never going to change. A certain small % of the player base enjoy screwing over other players. It's just human nature. There is a certain % of the population that are total psychopaths. It's a given that some of them play P99.

Personally I could give a *&^%$ because anyone still raiding that hardcore and getting their jollies denying others loot are totally insane nutbags and if they weren't playing eq they'd be in a mental hospital