Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 07-10-2023, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

I'd keep the goblin ring for leveling. Insta cast helps to use lower mana nukes without risking the mob dieing before break. Then i'd sell it at 60 and get the ring of stealthy travel.
Old 07-11-2023, 12:42 PM
Banned

Also if you care about a light source. Ring of Stealthy Travels is not a light source while Goblin ring is a light source. So there are minor trade offs.
Old 07-15-2023, 11:59 AM
Large Rat

GGR pre 60 and when wanting to min/max XP; Stealthy Travel when 60 and DGAF about XP loss.
Old 07-16-2023, 07:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't even know this was a thing. So I'm supposed to swap my goblin ring for this stealthy ring
I wouldn't buy one unless plat means nothing to you, once your 60 and done xping it's a great utility item.
Dictate + chardok faction is pretty standard lvl 60 enchNter goals,and you can get your own then.

If you like dungeon crawls it's amazing. Can paci/reinvis and check which mobs see as you go
Old 07-16-2023, 03:06 PM
Banned

GGR is a crutch IMO

It is most useful in a single situation: when you have multiple mobs beating on or casting on a rooted charmed pet where you cannot pull the pet back out of the melee range of the mobs or even if you did, the mob spells will kill it before you can cast invis

For all other situations, if you are charming correctly, you should be able to pull your charmed pet out of any incoming damage via the help of root. Root lasts like 40+ seconds, more than enough time to cast invis on yourself. Tell your pet to guard here if you want extra room away from it before you cast invis

I have never needed GGR to charm solo from 1-57, and I have almost never lost a charmed pet

However, anyone that wants to do the difficult dungeon crawling exp methods involving things like aoe mez, rooting everything with paralyzing earth or another long lasting root, then charming 1 rooted mob in the clump to get pounded on by everything else then breaking charm and killing it….absolutely would require GGR. There’s no way to time invis to work for you there
Old 07-17-2023, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

crutch or qol either one

you dont need it but its nice
Old 07-17-2023, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Best thing about GGR/Ring of Stealthy Travel is it frees up a spell slot on a class that already has too many spells and not enough slots.

Freeing up spell slots > JBoots on a class that likes going into dungeons (can't use Jboots), needs all their spell slots, and isn't kiting.
Old 07-17-2023, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Never had either of the invis rings but I'd have to agree with ^DSM^, freeing up a spell slot would be a huge quality of life improvement.

My spell slots 3-8 are permanent residents, one of which is invis, would be nice to drop it for something else or, even better, not need to drop an extra stun or gate to have ToT up when dealing on casters.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:15 PM
Banned

I keep both wandering mind and ToT permanently on bar unless I’m using the animation (rare situations like farming droga), where I replace wandering mind with boon of the garou for the pet

I hate the idea of having to wait for mana, so I only exp in areas with casters I can both ToT AND wandering mind. Those 2 spells with clarity 2 are pretty decent regen, especially considering I don’t raid and am not going to no-life the prayer shawl, so I’ll never have a flowing thought item

This means I’m constantly swapping spells, mostly between slow, invis (charm breaks), nukes to kill the charmed pet, etc

I don’t mind, I would much rather have tons of micromanagement than almost no micro like on a boring as F melee. Makes the game feel more proactive

I’ll have the mob the pet was fighting rooted, the charmed pet itself pulled slightly out of its melee range (because charmed pet is almost dead) rooted, and I’ll even usually have a 3rd mob pulled to me, tashed and rooted waiting to become the new pet

This way I can invis to break charm, stun and root the charmed pet, nuke each once while rotating root around again, and charm the 3rd full health mob and use it to finish off the other 2 so I don’t have to downgrade a smaller nuke on them. Since my first nuke did 50% of the pet’s and the other mob’s remaining health, I still get full 100% exp for the charmed pet finishing them

All of this easily done without the use of the GGR, and without any mana issues thanks to having 3 diff mana returning spells, I’m usually between 3/4 to full mana throughout. Nor do I have to ever stop unless to rebuff
Old 07-20-2023, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ToT up when dealing on casters.
I think it was Toxigen who told me to spam mez on casters, that’s what I do

I start casting mez, and if the caster isn’t casting before mez is about to finish, then I take a step to stop mez, then immediately start casting mez again

With the pushback from the charmed pet, when the enemy caster starts up a spell, my mez will finish first. Spell gets interrupted, I immediately start casting mez again. This way I can interrupt about 80%-ish of their casts at range. The only downside is that I can’t meditate, but mez is so cheap it’s not a problem for mana

If I need to interrupt 100% of enemy spells, alternating mez and 1 stun will do it. I just dislike having to walk into stun range since sometimes hitboxes are weird and mob swings on me and chunks off my damage absorb shield