Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 07-30-2023, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

Default Lazy solo spot for mid 50s enchanter

Hey yall

Seeking a lazy solo spot for my mid 50s enchanter. I plan on playing for maybe 2 hours a day - max. Seeking a spot that will allow for extended AFK between spawns.

Mid 50s, I usually park in howling stones or permafrost -- but they are both a little too contested to do what I want (lazy play with long AFKs)

Currently trying out the Hole castle entrance, as no one is ever here, and its easy to catch a long afk after killing 5-6 mobs.

Any other suggest? Seeking some off-the-beaten-path zones, so no Velks, no Karnors.

Share your experiences!
Old 07-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey yall

Seeking a lazy solo spot for my mid 50s enchanter. I plan on playing for maybe 2 hours a day - max. Seeking a spot that will allow for extended AFK between spawns.

Mid 50s, I usually park in howling stones or permafrost -- but they are both a little too contested to do what I want (lazy play with long AFKs)

Currently trying out the Hole castle entrance, as no one is ever here, and its easy to catch a long afk after killing 5-6 mobs.

Any other suggest? Seeking some off-the-beaten-path zones, so no Velks, no Karnors.

Share your experiences!
Kedge.

Mermaids and seahorses. Plenty of safe spots to afk. Huge zem. Gems, and nobody there to blame for deaths but yourself. Just get worn EB.

Happy hunting
Old 07-30-2023, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

hole CE is pretty much perfect for what you want....just beware of that 1 rock golem roamer he can be a big boy

theres a nice safe spot across from the ramp / actual CE area...its along the wall to castle, little cubby in that open pool area....100% safe for long afk
Old 07-30-2023, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kedge.

Mermaids and seahorses. Plenty of safe spots to afk. Huge zem. Gems, and nobody there to blame for deaths but yourself. Just get worn EB.

Happy hunting
Hah shit. I knew it was time I tried kedge again. Last time I was there I was trying Undertow and those stupid little fish that come down from the ceiling... I told myself I'd never go back.
Old 07-30-2023, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah shit. I knew it was time I tried kedge again. Last time I was there I was trying Undertow and those stupid little fish that come down from the ceiling... I told myself I'd never go back.
Yea undertow is kinda annoying in that room. The seahorse caves are good just find a pet and send it into the middle cave room and break/kill one by one. Def have bedlam and rune up but really enchanters just own that zone since everything is pretty much stun/mezzable. Mermaids will also be really good for gems and xp until about 57 just try to Los the mobs when you break charm so only one casts on you. You can technically hit 60 there but gonna slow down at 58 and 59 but if you’re ok with that it’s still a solid spot.
Old 07-31-2023, 08:00 AM
Fire Giant

Bear pits,upper pit is very chill camp.
Low mr/level mobs
Somewhat popular but there's technically 3 camps so not hard to get one
Also once ce greens out for ya in the hole you can move to the rats.
Rats are xp to 60 and not popular at all
Old 07-31-2023, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bear pits,upper pit is very chill camp.
Low mr/level mobs
Somewhat popular but there's technically 3 camps so not hard to get one
Also once ce greens out for ya in the hole you can move to the rats.
Rats are xp to 60 and not popular at all
Rats are god tier XP but not sure I'd call it chill...especially the break-in for a newer player.

A fantastic XP camp, though!
Old 08-06-2023, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

PoM Rat Maze is a very chill spot for level 55-60 players.

You don't lose faction when killing the rats, and the rats always con indifferent. You can just run around the maze killing stuff, and it's great XP. The rats will social agro, so you only need to do the occasional lull before pulling.

To get to PoM you can buy a CoTH up, they ran for 2k last time I checked, but I am not sure if the price has changed. Alternatively you can go to ToV when a quake occurs, and follow a guild going through NToV. I think most CoTH mages prefer you to be 55+ to prevent longer range agro from NToV mobs, unless you are an FD class.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-06-2023 at 07:04 PM..
Old 08-10-2023, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoM Rat Maze is a very chill spot for level 55-60 players.

You don't lose faction when killing the rats, and the rats always con indifferent. You can just run around the maze killing stuff, and it's great XP. The rats will social agro, so you only need to do the occasional lull before pulling.

To get to PoM you can buy a CoTH up, they ran for 2k last time I checked, but I am not sure if the price has changed. Alternatively you can go to ToV when a quake occurs, and follow a guild going through NToV. I think most CoTH mages prefer you to be 55+ to prevent longer range agro from NToV mobs, unless you are an FD class.
Are there any drops to speak of? One of the things I really love about the Hole is the tons of gems the elementals drop. One bag of gems is 1k worth in paineel and takes about two 1-hour sessions to fill a bag.
Old 08-10-2023, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Are there any drops to speak of? One of the things I really love about the Hole is the tons of gems the elementals drop. One bag of gems is 1k worth in paineel and takes about two 1-hour sessions to fill a bag.
They don't drop a bunch of gems/vendor loot sadly.

You could get your Green/Black flowers of functionality from Rat Maze, since they drop squires and knights.

They drop up to 6 raw plat as well I think.