Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 08-31-2023, 12:22 PM
Banned

Default Bind wound?

Worth raising on enchanter? Mostly because I want to kill some things that proc poison and I wonder if with max bind wound I can keep self alive through hefty poison ticks?

Would a possible way to raise it to be to jump from a particular height over and over to damage myself? This seems a little safer than relying on mob hits at my level

Should I start with trainer skill ups? I don’t recall ever using trainers for anything yet, although there’s like a 2% chance that at some point if I lost the use of my legs IRL or something and decided to spurg out on the shawl quests, I hear you should use trainer points on tradeskills for that
Old 08-31-2023, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

This the one thing I never did on enchanter. Usually if I was below 50% HP, I was also low mana, and would rather have big mana than HP.

Troll form is added passive regen - I think it's better to get the meditate ticks while Troll form, personally.

Enc have a terrible cap on bind wound as well, can only get it up to 100 skill. So at 100 skill, it's only 16.67 HP / tick binding, with only Clarity as mana regen. Compared to sitting as troll, which is between 4-8 HP/tick regen (depending on level) + meditate ticks.

All that being said -- skill ups are tied to WIS / INT, so casters and priests actually level bind wound faster. Put 1 point in, and then the gold standard for BW is put on Fire Resist Gear and go stand in lava in Lavastorm until low HP. Bind to 50, and repeat.

I have max Bind Wound skill on all my other toons, as it worked super effectively for a shaman cannibalizing, or a druid with manastone, or a melee toon. But I've ditched bind wound on enchanter and replaced it with Runes.
Last edited by zelld52; 08-31-2023 at 12:43 PM..
Old 08-31-2023, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worth raising on enchanter? Mostly because I want to kill some things that proc poison and I wonder if with max bind wound I can keep self alive through hefty poison ticks?

Would a possible way to raise it to be to jump from a particular height over and over to damage myself? This seems a little safer than relying on mob hits at my level

Should I start with trainer skill ups? I don’t recall ever using trainers for anything yet, although there’s like a 2% chance that at some point if I lost the use of my legs IRL or something and decided to spurg out on the shawl quests, I hear you should use trainer points on tradeskills for that
You might as well get it up. I use BW on my Enchanter if I am below 50%. You can get https://wiki.project1999.com/Embalmers_Skinning_Knife to summon bandages. You just need to be careful when trying to proc it.

As Zelld52 said, Enchanters do have other methods for damage mitigation like Rune. You should definitely be using that to try and keep yourself from taking a lot of damage to begin with. But RNG happens, as does mistakes. There will be times when you will be below 50% HP, and having BW is better than not having it.
Old 08-31-2023, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Bind wound is great. At max skill(100) you heal 25hp per bandaid. Brings you up to half health very quickly, very worth it.
Old 08-31-2023, 02:31 PM
Banned

Yea I try to be careful and look up any new mob I haven’t fought before I engage it

And in the past I’ve decided not to try with mobs that have a nasty poison proc, just on the off chance that things go wrong, runes get taken down, and I get poisoned

I have in the past a long time ago in vanilla EQ died to poisons on characters who couldn’t heal, just sitting there waiting for the poison to kill me

Back in the day I think you used to be able to gate right before the last tick killed you, then a bug would happen where you would lose all your memorized spells, but not leave your body on the ground or lose exp, and be back at your bind point. Sort of like a fake death…

But rather than deal with that, I was wondering if I could keep ahead of a nasty poison or dot with bind wound. I wonder if re-charming the mob would wipe any dots, although that isn’t always feasible if it dies right after it poisons me
Old 08-31-2023, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

If your dieing to a dot,just gate or zone at lowish hp. When you zone with less HP than you get from gear, all your affects are wiped
Old 08-31-2023, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I try to be careful and look up any new mob I haven’t fought before I engage it

And in the past I’ve decided not to try with mobs that have a nasty poison proc, just on the off chance that things go wrong, runes get taken down, and I get poisoned

I have in the past a long time ago in vanilla EQ died to poisons on characters who couldn’t heal, just sitting there waiting for the poison to kill me

Back in the day I think you used to be able to gate right before the last tick killed you, then a bug would happen where you would lose all your memorized spells, but not leave your body on the ground or lose exp, and be back at your bind point. Sort of like a fake death…

But rather than deal with that, I was wondering if I could keep ahead of a nasty poison or dot with bind wound. I wonder if re-charming the mob would wipe any dots, although that isn’t always feasible if it dies right after it poisons me
Here's some numbwrs to help. Let's say level 49.

100 bind wound regens 25hp per 1.5 ticks; or 50Hp per 3 ticks. To bind 200hp, it would take 12 ticks bandaging (+ 1/2 tick from standing regen)

Berserker spirit absorbs 200 damage for 150 mana. Approx 27 mana / tick fromclarity and meditate.

Would take 6 ticks to regen 150 mana meditating. In 12 ticks you could absorb 400 damage and it would take thr same recovery time as bandaging half of that.

Won't help much with regaining HP; but the bind wound regens likely won't net you any +HP since most DoTs at that level are more than 17 damage per tick
Old 08-31-2023, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's some numbwrs to help. Let's say level 49.

100 bind wound regens 25hp per 1.5 ticks; or 50Hp per 3 ticks. To bind 200hp, it would take 12 ticks bandaging (+ 1/2 tick from standing regen)

Berserker spirit absorbs 200 damage for 150 mana. Approx 27 mana / tick fromclarity and meditate.

Would take 6 ticks to regen 150 mana meditating. In 12 ticks you could absorb 400 damage and it would take thr same recovery time as bandaging half of that.

Won't help much with regaining HP; but the bind wound regens likely won't net you any +HP since most DoTs at that level are more than 17 damage per tick
Hmm I am at work but I coulda swore rune absorbs do not work on dots though. For some reason they do appear to absorb certain spell nukes and HT

But I may be having a brain fart on that

But yea the last sentence was what I was worried about, that the bind wound wouldn’t outpace the dot dmg. I’ll still probably train it eventually though, we’ll see

Would be nice if binding wound counted as sitting but alas. I can sit and bind my wounds IRL where is the realism???? Jk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by unsunghero; 08-31-2023 at 03:40 PM..