Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

VoG + 40% makes for better DPS at 98% haste, but would VoG's attack be better for 36% items? You're only at 94% haste. I would think the extra 6% haste would matter.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Stack HP but don't sacrifice too much dps for it, and be mindful of your own stats

On cucumbers, with shaman stamina, an adroitness pot, and dwarf chops, I hit 255 stamina perfectly. CoF+RBG, to me, beats out a heiro+RBG because the net gain in hp is 25hp, where as I lose 9% haste. Ain't really worth having an additional 0.4% hp in exchange for 9% haste. You may consider using a SBC/RBB simply because you're getting 19sta out of those two slots (along with 31% haste and 50 raw hp) and that may free up other slots (say, that bad 9sta necklace and the sky warrior ring) for more raw hp items (55hp neck/55hp ring). That'd be a large boost to HP and still decent haste. It's all dependent on your overall setup and what your stats sit at.

With that said, a warriors job is tankin' the big baddies with our disciplines. Maximizing cheal efficiency becomes a real thing in velious - in kunark, 32k hp mobs die so fast no one really gives a shit (in comparison to velious mobs). You'll use clicky aggro, and rogues, wizards, and monks are going to be the bread winners in the dps department. People are not going to give a single shit if you're doing 3 more dps or not - they're going to care if you have enough hp to stay the fuck alive and if you can competently click clickies.

On trash, you could make an argument that having more haste/better dps will help you maintain aggro without having to waste clickies - and you'd be right, but I'd still argue you're dumb because knights exist and they'll do a better job than you.

In short, stack hp, haste, don't sacrifice a large amount of one for the other, try to keep them reasonably balanced with your stat configuration in mind, and for fucks sake use knights to tank trash.

edit: wanted to note warriors can get some pretty stupid high ATK values when you're epic'd. I sit at 1200 ATK unbuffed. Throw in an avatar, bard epic proc, and it's retardedly high. I wouldn't think an extra 20ATK, at that point, and in kunark, is going to make a massive sweeping difference. And now that I typed out the word bard I'm realizing that is going to essentially haste cap you no matter what stupid belt or cloak combo you use and what spell haste you use since resists are not stupid anymore and it may free up a song slot, so god dammit there are like 900 variables here, find the best fit line for you.
Last edited by khanable; 02-26-2015 at 12:03 PM..
Closed Thread