Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Default When did paladins get XP Rez?

As the title says, although I first started playing in Luclin, I was never heavily into EQ and aware of its mechanics till PoP. I tried searching for a bit but mostly just get irrelevant articles on paladins getting more then 90% rez, EQ2 news, and Sk Vs Paladin comparions

Any idea when Paladins received XP rezzes?

And on another note, someone got a Tier list for Race combinations for paladins? Or is it Dwarves by far on top?
Old 02-20-2015, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

L59 paladins get the 90%exp rez. I don't remember when they backfilled the paladin spellbook and gave them the 50/75 (was there a 75?) that clerics got between revive and the 90, but it should be post-Velious (AKA you'll only ever see 90% from L59 paladins on P99).
Old 02-20-2015, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

Just FYI, it's a long road to being rez-capable as a Paladin. Very few Paladins ever reach the high level requires for an actual XP rez.

As far as base racial stats, Dwarves blow everyone else out of the water in melee stats and have +magic resistance.
Last edited by Sage Truthbearer; 02-20-2015 at 04:45 PM..
Old 02-21-2015, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Thanks all for the info!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just FYI, it's a long road to being rez-capable as a Paladin. Very few Paladins ever reach the high level requires for an actual XP rez.

As far as base racial stats, Dwarves blow everyone else out of the water in melee stats and have +magic resistance.
Wonder how many dwarf paladin twinks have been abandoned on this server.

Base attributes don't really matter much in EQ, even less for the tank classes than the others. Minmaxers spend so much time picking flyshit out of pepper when all that really matters is do you know how to play the character well, do you know how to gear the character appropriately, and most important of all do you have fun playing the character..
Old 02-21-2015, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all that really matters is do you know how to play the character well
Amen
Old 02-22-2015, 04:45 PM
Kobold

With that in mind, are Those Erudite-only shields pretty common/cheap? Wouldn't mind trying out again if they're reasonably accessible.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwargod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With that in mind, are Those Erudite-only shields pretty common/cheap? Wouldn't mind trying out again if they're reasonably accessible.
i'd be surprised if they were not sold to vendors

ain't many eru paladin's around
Old 02-23-2015, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwargod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The shield is great, but keep in mind your epic becomes vastly less appealing (comparatively to its value for other races) when you consider you have I give that thing up ^^ It is a decent bump in dps (87.5 dmg/dly ratio plus proc vs. .75 w/ no proc for best 1h), but a big hit in stats.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Even if you added just the shield to a naked erudite their stats dont compare to a naked dwarfs.