Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Kobold

I've been searching the web to see if I can dig up the post/page/whatever that I read, but I can't find anything.

Closest thing I found is this:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki...gression_Guide
Old 02-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't remember what server it was but...
There was a tier rotation like this on one of the EQ live servers. When a guild was ready to move up to the next tier they had to petition a GM and then the GMs would coordinate a date/time for said guild to have a shot at a non-loot version of the hardest raid boss in that tier.

If the guild kills the boss, they are allowed into that tier. Damn me for forgetting what server this was. I swear this is true, it wasn't a dream or anything, lol.

So... if you want to "test your might", why not have the GM's spawn a non-loot copy of a raid boss in the Arena? If Divinity is able to complete the encounter, they should be allowed into rotation.

I'm sure there is some way to do this. I faintly remember there being a specific number of attempts, and a mandatory waiting period, to retry, if a guild fails.

Is this possible on p99?
It was Stormhammer. The tier system worked great through PoP and beyond, but eventually broke down. The Basic tiers we would have now would be Tier 1 (Naggy - Vox - Dracho) and Tier 2 (CT - Inny)

A GM would summon them in the Arena once a week when a guild wanted to move up a tier. You could only move up one tier per week and if you failed you had to wait another week.

Some of the problems were based on mobs being harder or easier in the arena. Naggy and Vox for example would be much harder since there is no wall to LoS behind. CT would be easier because there is no trash to kill beforehand.

I forget the amount of time you had to kill targets on your rotation, but I remember it was actually longer than 24 hours. If you failed however, you went down a tier and had to wait a week to retest.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of the problems were based on mobs being harder or easier in the arena. Naggy and Vox for example would be much harder since there is no wall to LoS behind. CT would be easier because there is no trash to kill beforehand.
100% agree. maybe they could set up for naggy in sol b on like a saturday night when no one would do that anyways, gm spawns naggy like he would pop for trans or ib, and there ya go.dont do it in the arena. CT on the other hand, i guess you wouldn't technically have to clear the whole zone. so that would be borked.

Edit: Dracho would be the arena, and vox would be in perma, and gm would just pop it there. no reason to put naggy and vox in the arena. Have them do the mobs like intended.

Example: Alright, Div, This is wenai and i'm going to spawn naggy for you on saturday night at 7pm cst. plan accordingly. (obviously they would pick a time that div agreed on)
They'd get in, set up, and do whatever nescessary. a non loot version would be there, and if he wasnt killed within a few hours, he'd be depopped. simple. same for the rest of them, except dracho and ct would be a bit tough to do in the arena
Last edited by Taluvill; 02-01-2010 at 02:57 AM..
Old 02-01-2010, 03:57 AM
Sarnak

Just leave non-loot versions of naggy ct and vox up in the arena on 28 min respawn.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Kobold

Yeah that is a good idea! I really like it. What do you guys think about when new raid mobs are released it's free for all with old school verant rules?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

Pesonally I don't think killing a boss mob in the Arena is remotely the same thing as an actual raid in the zone it was intended to be in... but whatever works.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Kobold

I only recommended arena because it can be off limits to other players. I don't see why you should have to do EVERY boss. Just spawn CT in the arena. If you kill him you obviously can do anything in tier 1.

On Stormhammer you didn't do every single boss in your tier. There was 1 specific raid boss that was considered to be the hardest of the tier you wanted to move into. If you can defeat said raid boss you were added to that tiers rotation
Old 02-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Sarnak

Please take fear trash off rotation. This will help a lot of small guilds who are coming up.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by drplump [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please take fear trash off rotation. This will help a lot of small guilds who are coming up.
This would be a good start at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

While I like the idea of spawning a dummy mob:
Ability to kill CT =/= Ability to kill other mobs.
You should have to CLEAR fear in order to get a shot at CT (the clear is harder than CT).
Spawning it in the arena changes the raid, so is not a good indicator of how the force would do at the raid site.
The more I think about it, the less I like it.