Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

I have no answers. I was just trying to intuit the reasoning behind it. And it seems like the driver is not affecting the rest of the zone.

I know with time we can pull KT to just about anywhere. But not instantly. So were we to win either, we'd probably not kill all of the guards/accompanying targets - but we'd be careful not to make a train mess either.

But I'm just talking out my arse trying to interpret intent.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 03-31-2016, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no answers. I was just trying to intuit the reasoning behind it. And it seems like the driver is not affecting the rest of the zone.

I know with time we can pull KT to just about anywhere. But not instantly. So were we to win either, we'd probably not kill all of the guards/accompanying targets - but we'd be careful not to make a train mess either.

But I'm just talking out my arse trying to interpret intent.
This is a temporary fix until we meet on Sunday. Not permanent.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

If it's a temporary fix that's fine. But no one guild should be determining what is an inordinate amount of time to engage these raid mobs. Each guild will need varying amounts of clear, and prep time. Plus this is a rather unique opportunity for several guilds who haven't stepped too much into the Velious raid scene, I don't think allowing them to wait out an engage on Statue for a more prime time slot to have their best attendance on AoW is the end of the world.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

So regarding the talk...

Will it be in Skype or will it be in Discord?

So far these guilds have posted:

Aftermath
Anonymous
Awakened
Azure Guard
Bregan D'Aerth
Divinity
Europa
Omni

So 8 representatives, Sirken and maybe Llandris/Brakan? 8-10 is fine for Skype, no? If not do people without Discord need to download it and set it up?
Last edited by Daldaen; 03-31-2016 at 01:48 PM..
Old 03-31-2016, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it's a temporary fix that's fine. But no one guild should be determining what is an inordinate amount of time to engage these raid mobs. Each guild will need varying amounts of clear, and prep time. Plus this is a rather unique opportunity for several guilds who haven't stepped too much into the Velious raid scene, I don't think allowing them to wait out an engage on Statue for a more prime time slot to have their best attendance on AoW is the end of the world.
Well at this rate, every guild is going to do whatever they want since no one can come to simple agreements here. Cant wait for this meeting on Sunday....
Old 03-31-2016, 01:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Divinity will also attend, so that makes 8.

Can we just do SoW then and may the best man win?
Last edited by Katpal; 03-31-2016 at 01:46 PM..
Old 03-31-2016, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

We don't want to do SoW because it allows for other stupid things like levitate rings and Shadowstep masks and bind sight.

Just grab a spirit of scale every 70 minutes and you will be on even footing with everyone else. And every class can partake if they so choose, not limited to just bind sighters.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I was actually implying that just doing SoW would mean no other stupid things would be allowed, thus requiring that we all trust each other to stick to those parameters. If sticking to Scale is the only way we can do that, then I'll assume that's the decision since we are already in window.

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2016, 02:21 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So 8 representatives, Sirken and maybe Llandris/Brakan? 8-10 is fine for Skype, no? If not do people without Discord need to download it and set it up?
It will most likely be on skype
Old 03-31-2016, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

If we could all free ourselves from any notion of p99 and step back a bit, this footrace thing is a pretty good microcosm of a lot of what we see on p99:

From the staff:
Vague rules.
Lack of clarification when prompted.
The potential for post hoc punishements based on interpretations that were asked for but not given before the fact.

From us (collectively - not mapping this on any single person or guild - remember, we're looking at this from an unbiased 50,000 feet):
Looking for any possible unintended edge.
Mapping interpretations onto it (time, as an example here).
Ignoring the spirit of the thing.
6+ pages of posturing/neck-bearding as a response to lack of clarification.
Requiring a bulletproof edict for us not to potentially do stupid things contrary to the point of the exercise.

(Don't get too caught up in what I'm saying that we (collectively) are doing - especially defending single things. The point is more that the raiding playerbase and leadership has a role in what we've created...and this one event is an illustrative fractal of that.)

We all kind of own what p99 raiding is like - staff and players (and leaders) alike.

The Statue window is open right now. We don't know what the rules of the race are and simple questions haven't been answered. We all wouldn't be surprised if the sword of Damocles were not swinging over the heads of the shadow-steppers or the lev-ringers.

And we (collectively) are trying to figure out how to near the threshold of exploitation without crossing it. But have no idea what that really means in this case - and often, ever. And, further, what (if anything) will happen when it's bumped up again or completely crossed.

This is the kind of stuff I'm interested in. I don't really care what the rules are or what they become. What I do care about is:

1. That they're communicated clearly.
2. That they're enforced uniformly.
3. That they're enforced consistently.

Failing those 3 things, this is going to be another masturbatory exercise and we'll be back at the table again after a while with these selfsame issues in play.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Closed Thread