Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

That place is extremely risky to get adds. The choices are:

1) Risk wiping due to adds
2) Simply move the starting point to the stairs
3) Stand there and get AoEd then petitionquest

Sirken said we could agree to a spot together. I'm with you, Nemce. I don't see the issue either.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm with you, Nemce. I don't see the issue either.
I believe Nemce was saying you should not be fighting the mob at the zone in. So, you are in disagreement with him, actually.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Appreciate the valuable input Breaken.

Can we get Anon/Div, BDA and CSG to weigh in here. Curious if you think moving the starting line to the bottom of the stairs is a huge problem.

This is simpy me trying to work this out in the best interest for everyone. If you all think its a problem, no big deal. We'll keep it as is.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Appreciate the valuable input Breaken.

Can we get Anon/Div, BDA and CSG to weigh in here. Curious if you think moving the starting line to the bottom of the stairs is a huge problem.

This is simpy me trying to work this out in the best interest for everyone. If you all think its a problem, no big deal. We'll keep it as is.
I've already stated that I think pulling to the entrance room is kinda fucked up.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok Daldaen, well move to Ltk and have desync fest. Thanks for yet again showing how easy it is to work with you guys. Also, youre ogre wall blocking of the doorway as a cheap tactic was another reason for this request.

Funny, when you wanted to kill LtK, I didnt see you putting it in the cubby outside.

Good talk.
You again, are confusing not getting everything you want, with me/us being difficult to work with. I think most of the other guilds have found I am pretty reasonable and can understand most of my views.

You want to come to a server agreement? Lets do it, and agree to never pull to zone in, instead using zone in cubbies, Awakened will 100% be behind this resolution. Once this is agreed upon by all parties we won't be pulling any targets to the entry room, instead using the entry stair cubbies.

Quote:
That place is extremely risky to get adds. The choices are:

1) Risk wiping due to adds
2) Simply move the starting point to the stairs
3) Stand there and get AoEd then petitionquest

Sirken said we could agree to a spot together. I'm with you, Nemce. I don't see the issue either.
What adds are you expecting there? Literally none have line of sight other than the 1 cubby mob you would kill.

Simply moving to the stairs still means you're pulling an AoEing mob to the entrance and it is going to go over all the FTEers.

PS - The "Fine we will desynch you at LTK" is akin to a small child threatening to hold his breath and kill himself when he doesn't get his way.

Have fun, move to LTK if you want. It really doesn't matter with the new 60 min window to kill a target. Neither guild has any reason to log in when another guild has their 60min window on lockdown. Furthermore Anon/Divinity threw their hat into the ring and CSG / BDA likely will sooner rather than later as well... there are only 2 safe kill spots and guilds will be forced to stack up anyways. Its to be expected. Even beyond this, LTK has 3-4 statics at LTK spawn and 3 wurm pathers that run by all in line of sight of the kill spot... yet you're concerned with risky trains at the entry cubby... that blows my mind.
Last edited by Daldaen; 04-13-2016 at 10:41 PM..
Old 04-14-2016, 07:53 AM
Sarnak

anon pulls to entrance with flurries regularly, we learned it because that is how we saw everyone else doing it. For the sake of not messing up our kill if we DO get an FTE, i am most comfortable at entrance. I do agree, entrance is incredibly stupid in my opinion and we only have learned it out of necessity. It is also easier because of faction issues and us not having deep enough pockets to bind our melee's in West.

We are fine with whatever you guys can come to agreement on and we will adapt. I do trust that due to the nature of your competition that the two of you will make sure each other do not have an unfair advantage, and if that is the case we can just nuzzle up with one of you and setup shop there.

We haven't pulled any baddies to west exit and are not experienced with how dangerous the LTK room adds are or are not, how much time we have before positioning of the mob is an issue, etc... We will have to learn that the hard way or any advice/input is appreciated because I would hate for any of you to get wiped in the process of our learning experience.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

This thread started as a request to move the starting line.

The bottom line is that the door is a terrible spot for a number of reasons, most of which would still be there if zone in killing were illegal (it's a narrow space that is easily crowded/blocked and the open/close nonsense is enough to drive anyone insane), so bringing up zone in killing in this thread doesn't make much sense.

Should zone in killing be stopped? Yes, imo, but we'd be better served to discuss that in another thread rather than to over complicate this one.

Divinity has no problem with the starting line being moved to the stairs.

Please be reminded, however, that as one guild has FTE, the racing will still go on (should targets be in window), so the starting line will be filled with racers. It's the responsibility of any guild conducting entrance pulls to not kill those people with trains, aoes, etc. No one is going to move off the starting line for you, nor should they have to.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

The problem is, any starting line you choose, will be subject to another guild's pull / AEs so long as the zone in is an acceptable camp.

If the starting line is moved up to the stairs, and guilds are pulling to the entrance or to entry cubbies, you're still having dragons pulled over top of you that are likely to AEs as they come in.

If we want to move to line anywhere may as well move it to the back wall of the entrance room and require you be touching the back wall. This would be the furthest out of the way. Or more simply, in the bottom of the little pit right where you zone in at in the bottom level.

Anywhere is going to be packed during prime time, it doesn't matter how large you make the line. Aftermath had something like 20~ rogue/monk racers when I did a /who, I think Awakened had about 12-15. Anon had around 6, and Divinity/BDA I think each has 3 or so. That number will be bunched up wherever you put them.
Last edited by Daldaen; 04-14-2016 at 10:11 AM..
Old 04-14-2016, 10:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I agree that other problems still exist and this is only a solution to one of them, but it's the cards that we've been dealt and we have to start somewhere. With the new rules in place, we're likely going to have to tackle issues one at a time to get anything accomplished.

That being said, I would support a petition to make zone in killing illegal, should that opportunity present itself.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

why not move it up to the wall before the double doors leading to 4 way? if we are agreeing to move it why not be drastic with where we move it so that it isn't in the way of anyone getting hit with AoE's remotely.

I agree zone in killing is bad, but moving it up 10 feet is the typical band aid on a massive wound. Zone in killing is stupid, annoying, and bad all around. If you wipe ( for instance us new guilds may wipe on these targets ), we are going to kill your whole afk raid force and racers as it paths back and i don't know how we are supposed to feel responsible for that in the current state of things/positioning.