Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

The wall would benefit people on the corners near the two doors and cause another huge pile up on those two corners... I don't think anyone will stand in the middle of the wall when they could stand on the corners and be closer to the doors, which doesn't solve the suggested problem.

The further you move it up the higher the likelihood your racers will be blasted by AEs. Whether that be the dragons AEs or train up AEs etc.

If anything I'd say just move it back to the back wall that you have to be touching. The wall is big and plenty of room to spread out. No dragon or train will ever be pulled over you. Even AFKing there when a guild pulls to an entrance cubby and wipes won't get proxy aggro through the door due to the distance. I think this is the real solution to the problem.

No zone in pulling + Back Wall Start Line.

No guild could accidentally train another guild really with these changes, nor will racers ever be AE'd unsuspectingly.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wall would benefit people on the corners near the two doors and cause another huge pile up on those two corners... I don't think anyone will stand in the middle of the wall when they could stand on the corners and be closer to the doors, which doesn't solve the suggested problem.

The further you move it up the higher the likelihood your racers will be blasted by AEs. Whether that be the dragons AEs or train up AEs etc.

If anything I'd say just move it back to the back wall that you have to be touching. The wall is big and plenty of room to spread out. No dragon or train will ever be pulled over you. Even AFKing there when a guild pulls to an entrance cubby and wipes won't get proxy aggro through the door due to the distance. I think this is the real solution to the problem.

No zone in pulling + Back Wall Start Line.

No guild could accidentally train another guild really with these changes, nor will racers ever be AE'd unsuspectingly.
This does seem to make sense.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sure, if you can manage to get the zone-in pulling issues resolved, the starting point is easy enough to fix.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

You guys are going to end up being intentionally misled into denying yourselves the ability to pull mobs to the easiest place in the zone to position and pull to instead of just moving the starting line directly out of the door. No one will deny that clearing to the dragons will be in your benefit at the start bc regardless of where you want to pull you'll end up having to concede the first few mobs you attempt but when the novelty of killing trash wears off youre going to want a nice easy place to set up your raid and bring your dragon to. I would suggest that you guys send some scouts next cycle and gauge what resources it takes to safely pull and kill ntov dragons in west vs Ent.

As of now until sirken prohibits zone in kills, aftermath will continue to use this space and expect you to move your racers half an inch forward into the doorway arch to avoid aoes. Your other option is to stand in the aoe and die with fraps on, then send it to sirken and have him tell you whether or not you're justified or half retarded.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm not convinced that the easiest spot is always the best spot, simply because it puts a hardship on players in an area that is supposed to be 100% safe. That's where I'd prefer to go the extra mile to try to work out a way to not kill here (at zone-in). I'm not sure of all the answers, but I'd like to keep working to figure at least some of them out and regardless, it's going to take compromise from everyone.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are going to end up being intentionally misled into denying yourselves the ability to pull mobs to the easiest place in the zone to position and pull to instead of just moving the starting line directly out of the door. No one will deny that clearing to the dragons will be in your benefit at the start bc regardless of where you want to pull you'll end up having to concede the first few mobs you attempt but when the novelty of killing trash wears off youre going to want a nice easy place to set up your raid and bring your dragon to. I would suggest that you guys send some scouts next cycle and gauge what resources it takes to safely pull and kill ntov dragons in west vs Ent.

As of now until sirken prohibits zone in kills, aftermath will continue to use this space and expect you to move your racers half an inch forward into the doorway arch to avoid aoes. Your other option is to stand in the aoe and die with fraps on, then send it to sirken and have him tell you whether or not you're justified or half retarded.
will we not be counter lawyered for pulling to entrance then and potentially wiping on a mob and having it eat your FTE team/force? I Imagine if we ever pulled something you would be right there to scoop it up ( unless the 60 minute rule really does end up being 60 minutes regardless of wipe attempts), so i assume you don't really care.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Aftermath will continue to pull to the zone in giving ample warning of a pull incoming unless stated by a GM that it is against the rules. We may try the cubby on some mobs (Excluding Vyemm, Jorlleag, Feshlak, Cekenar, Gozzrem, LtK), but I am hesitant to pull there due to the added risk of many more mobs being much closer to our raid force as well as having to push Gating and Complete Healing mobs.

We w
Last edited by Detoxx; 04-14-2016 at 03:44 PM..
Old 04-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Aviak

If the 5 guilds:
~Aftermath
~Awakened
~Anon/Div
~Europa/AG/Omni
~BDA

All took a vote on the different options, would everyone respect the vote?

~Phiren
Azure Guard
Old 04-14-2016, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the 5 guilds:
~Aftermath
~Awakened
~Anon/Div
~Europa/AG/Omni
~BDA

All took a vote on the different options, would everyone respect the vote?

~Phiren
Azure Guard
No? Aftermath would just get out voted and then Detoxx/Pint would get all indignant.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No? Aftermath would just get out voted and then Detoxx/Pint would get all indignant.
This thread was exactly meant to do that and it has not. Since no one is saying whether or not they have a problem moving the line to the bottom of the stairs, we are going to continue with the status quo.