Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

Default Druid animal charm leveling in Velious?

Just curious, what options will druids have in Velious zones as far as animal charming? Any spots 50+ that will open up, or will Permafrost still be the only option?
Old 05-14-2015, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Kedge is the best option 50-55. So Perma isn't the "only" option.

In Velious, let's think...

Iceclad, ToFS, Great Divide, East Wastes, Crystal Caverns are all too low
Thurgadin, Icewell, Velketor, Cobalt Scar, Skyshrine, Temple Veeshan , Sleepers Tomb all have no animals.

Wakening Lands - Lots of 30-40 animals roam about. Maybe this would be viable in the low 50s. Mid-upper 50s it's all green.

Western Wastes has tons of 40-50 animals (brontothorium, mammoths, dire wolves. It would be advisable to get non-KoS to Claws of Veeshan before trying here. This is likely your best bet.

Siren's Grotto - Tons of animal charming potential, EXTREMELY high risk. All mobs hit upwards of 200, almost none can be rooted, almost all fighting will be underwater and most have decent resistances. This is not a solo location however Druids supplement a group quite nicely with a charmed pet.

Kael - There's only 1 low level wolf near WL and 5 high level wolves near Tormax to charm that I can think of. The high level wolves are fantastic pets, however they can spawn level 52-55, meaning only the 52/53s can be charmed. You have to guess and check to determine if any are even charmable. If they are though, they are the best DPS to add to a group, also a fantastic option to duo with a shaman or a cleric. Not a solo location but again, charming here makes you an invaluable addition to the group.

Dragon Necropolis - There are some bats and rats I think you can charm here. Likely similar to SG and DN, they will be extra DPS and warrant inviting a Druid to a group there.

Plane of Mischief - Skunk Guards are charmable. However they summon and most high level things in that zone summon as well. Not really a reliable location to solo for XP, possible to use them as means to solo a few mobs in an attempt at getting cards, or again, just great DPS addition to a group.

In summary:

Low levels - Iceclad/East Waste are great 30-40s
High levels - Wakening Lands possibly for high 40s. Western wastes for levels 52+.
Grouping - Kael, Sirens, Dragon Necro and PoMischief you should always try to grab a pet, as a hasted pet in a group here will out DPS even a 60 Rogue.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

If Chardok AE stops because everyone's leveling in Velious, then druids can charm the Chokidai wolves for exp.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Cool, great info! Just what I was looking for as I was thinking about druid for when I come back around Velious launch.

And yeah, kedge just slipped my mind for some reason heh.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Chardok AE stops because everyone's leveling in Velious, then druids can charm the Chokidai wolves for exp.
thats hard going doing it solo. limited room to get away from an angry dog who breaks charm. COuld be useful extra dps for a grp.

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 05-18-2015, 11:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not see any reason why the AE will stop. just slow down initially.
Unless you know of a new level cap for the players?
Old 05-19-2015, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

wonder if aoe would be viable on the rats in DN ?

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 05-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

Going to have to disagree on Plane of Mischief. On live I solo'd my levels using skunk pets in Mischief and it totally rocked.

IF you can find a way to zone in there once, you should bind.