Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Default Challenge

I came to Red99 to experience challenging competition. Not impossible competition, not weak pushover competition, but challenging competition which I may win or lose depending on how well *I* play. My idea is that I will have to develop as a player, rather than simply joining a group that would win with or without me. I might not win, but I would be challenged and be pushed to develop as a player, and that is a more real and rewarding victory than any mass PvP.

If I joined Empire, I would be part of a huge zerg that wins every battle - or rather, almost every battle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] - due to numbers; especially as the fight goes on and they batphone for more. No challenge there. How would I ever know if I was making a significant contribution? How would I grow as a player? I could go hide in a corner and they would still win. A guild like <Empire> would win with or without me. Where's the satisfaction in that?

I hold nothing against any of you in <Empire>. I have friends in <Empire> and I would probably enjoy meeting and playing with most of you! But because I came to the server to experience PvP and face a challenge greater than game AI can provide, joining <Empire> is the same thing as quitting. And I'm not quitting while my RL allows me time to play.

By the way, this doesn't mean we can't be friends. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I like people who treat me with respect.

So link your pixels and gloat, kill my sim elf and laugh, but I have the satisfaction of knowing every kill I get and every assist I score will be due in part to me doing my best and supporting my team.

Are you part of your team's victory?

Please post "TLDR" in this thread if you are illiterate so the rest of us know, and feel free to listen to the video recording I made of myself passionately reading this here.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Kobold

^^^

Warlok Goatassin
Luminary Polyester
Master Cotten
Old 08-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Banned

Threw up in my mouth due to pretentiousness.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

ffs, got rick rolled
Old 08-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Kobold

Love me some Tala. Hey bud you have a corpse in Neriak behind the waterfall.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by minakto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Threw up in my mouth due to pretentiousness.
Are you sure it wasn't all those Mt. Dew Mineral Salts? LOL trolled! How do those Cheetos taste the second time? LOL trolled again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daasgoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ffs, got rick rolled
LOL trolled! It's classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love me some Tala. Hey bud you have a corpse in Neriak behind the waterfall.
I died to the pit trap back there. :'(

LOL trolled! Corpsed OT hammer at my old bind point.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Banned

lol red should have a mandatory file change where every tune for each zone is never gonna give you up
Old 08-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Banned

Empire would win with or without you and TMO is gunna lose with or without you. Basically you literally don't matter to anyone and should go away.
Closed Thread