Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 08:30 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to hammbone

I think classic timeline would suck - just do progression, FFA PVP, Item LOOT, and remove the nodrop flag from all items in game
Old 08-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

now that p1999 is official i tell u announce a new classic server is coming and u announce on the right forums, now that u can, and u get tons of people. people who can donate...( devs there? xdd j/k )
Old 08-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
srs question,

why do you think that a new pvp server would end up any different than the current pvp server after a year?

<3
Sirks
First off I want to say I have had a ton of fun playing on this server, I like the community and the ffa. During kunark a dominant guild (nihilum) didn't really matter the gear gap diddnt really matter, this made it fun. You diddnt need to spend hours apon hours apon hours raiding with 50+ people to still have good pvp. Now that velious has dropped I think the people who don't want to play in the zerg on matters of principle are 100% screwed from now on. Give it a month and empire monks are going to be in killable short of mass wizard attack. If you not in empire you lost. This is no fun, its a pvp server I and many others play here for a highly competitive experience.

Empire won, period. Make a new rotating server 8 mo in each expansion or whatever timeline you want. Reds pop might drop and only empire might hang around but soon that huge guild will break up and there will be comparison on red. Or they won't and the new server might have there own zerg guild.... Good at least when they merge there will be competition. All I'm saying velious is not means to an end, it is the end. Bring back fun pvp. If people don't want to start over on a level playing field so be it stay on red. Who cares, we are red players and we want pvp. Feed us!

Warlok Goatassin
Luminary Polyester
Master Cotten
Old 08-07-2015, 08:46 PM
Aviak

Why wipe? New hard coded teams server. I don't care either way(wipe/no wipe/new server/no new server), Ultimately i'm an unguilded/unaligned casual that plays when his brother and a rl friend are around. The only thing we thought would make this shit better was a hard coded teams pvp server. Especially if it started as progression.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to hammbone

1. hard coded teams will be no different then it is now
2. EQ is not a FPS game nor was it designed for PVP
3. The only way to counter a character's progression is through exp and item loss
4. Once level 60, the only way to counter a character's progression is through item loss
5. Item loss promotes PvP
6. you are not going to EVER be able to really counter numbers (zerg)
7. Item loss would have allowed Azrael, Good Guys, etc. to drain the gear of Empire...
8. The draining of gear will always occur, which is balance.
9. If all else fails, buddy up and make a bunch of wizards to start picking people off.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Kobold

It will end up the same, but the journey to the current stale shithole would be exciting again. Off the top of my head:
  • Level 5 pvp against other people in level 5 gear.
  • It will promote the social aspect of the game with everyone rushing to get levels.
  • Contesting will be a part of the server, and it will be pretty even-footed for at least a few weeks.
  • RMT crowd will get fisted.

I can't say I have ever advocated for a wipe, but I just convinced myself.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Wipe would mean old players would leave, except the most addicted, and you would get some new from blue, and from outside. They would clash with the sick people who couldn't quit, and you'd end up with a few people left. Oh and there would be complaining, will always be plenty of that.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daasgoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
problem with sister server is splitting an already low pop
It's split up anyways, the world is so big 300 ppl spread out through velious is worse than 100 in classic
Old 08-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Large Rat

I still haven't seen anyone mention item loot as a viable option...
Old 08-07-2015, 09:59 PM
Fire Giant

Default .

it isnt that the server would not eventually end up the same

its just you get another year when the server is fun

all everquest servers are fun for about a year before the cycle of fat cave dwellers bonding together to form a zerg is too strong
Closed Thread