Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Banned

nah eq is fine this server just needs a wipe no idea why people are getting philosophical about it
Old 07-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Kobold

Damn I was going to come back but it looks like it's already gone.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Banned

bonus xp is on man!

discord around the corner!

heh
Old 07-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Banned

There were 21 online lastnight (that included me)

It is time to allow offpeak boxing
Old 07-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Banned

its time to stop logging in cuz this shit is going nowhere
Old 07-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure there will always be some people opposing a wipe.

Non-active ones most likely.
Why in the hell would anyone oppose a wipe? Is it that they enjoy playing with a primetime pop of 50? I mean seriously, lets be serious about this, why has a wipe NOT came yet? Noone is playing Red anyways so whats it hurting?

Everyone would come back and more.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

I think the issue is the devs promised not to wipe, and that is why many players prefer P99/R99. To wipe would mean breaking their promise and alienating those players.

Just trying to help people calm down over the way things are. People are pretty incredulous sometimes, but Project 1999 happens thanks to voluntary, unpaid time. It shouldn't really be a surprise at this point. I'd love to see a fresh server, myself. Hopefully there will be one someday.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the issue is the devs promised not to wipe, and that is why many players prefer P99/R99. To wipe would mean breaking their promise and alienating those players.

Just trying to help people calm down over the way things are. People are pretty incredulous sometimes, but Project 1999 happens thanks to voluntary, unpaid time. It shouldn't really be a surprise at this point. I'd love to see a fresh server, myself. Hopefully there will be one someday.
But keeping this dead99 server running must be costing them money just to maintain it with noone playing on it. I know they swore never to wipe but come on (GMs) lets be realistic here, this server is dead, it's NEVER coming back as it currently is. Promises were made but there are times when things have to be done for the greater good and being the boss, rule#1 is you are never making everyone happy and sometimes you must do things people disagree with it but the masses think a wipe is needed and I think deep down inside so do the admins. Why keep a dead server running? Why not wipe? it makes sense to wipe. Thats why myself and my friends I played with left, we got tired of playing on a dead server that was never going to get better.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSQue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But keeping this dead99 server running must be costing them money just to maintain it with noone playing on it.
Probably just the electric bill. I think rogean hosts the servers. so everything else is probably pretty minimal.
Add blue server into the formula and red is probably nothing more then a tiny cost bump in the grand scheme.

Game doesn't use that much bandwidth compared to modern games, servers. So with fewer people logging into red it's probably not even worth considering shutting down.
Wiping it would just cause a spike in useage of the rack. heh
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 07-01-2016 at 06:51 PM..
Old 07-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably just the electric bill. I think rogean hosts the servers. so everything else is probably pretty minimal.
Add blue server into the formula and red is probably nothing more then a tiny cost bump in the grand scheme.

Game doesn't use that much bandwidth compared to modern games, servers.
ahh well, always have memories [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]