Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Default Coldain Ring Bugs

Got through #1-5 Last night. A few comments thus-far.

Ring 1

This one took me probably 6-7 hours alone. Between using a druid with a charmed pet and using a mage with a epic pet. Killed easily 100+ Cougars and Tundra Kodiaks to get 2 HQ pelts each. I thought I read this before but I may have missed it... This is too rare.

They are rare, but not this rare (it is possible I had horrible RNG but check the drop rates please).

Magelo data:

High Quality Cougarskin - 12% drop rate (245/2011 sample size) - EW Cougars
High Quality Tundra Kodiak Skin - 3% drop rate (161/4039 sample size) - EW Kodiaks

The Kodiaks skins definitely took me longer than Cougars but damn it was brutal.

Ring 2

This quest worked pretty well. Scripted and pathed as I remembered.

Ring 3

High Quality Walrus Hide, again felt drop rate was very low.

Magelo Data:

High Quality Walrus Hide - 16% drop rate (314/1934 sample size) - EW Walruses

Meaning it should drop about 1/8. I went probably 1/40-50 last night. Again could be luck, but worth looking into.

Ring 4

Tain fight... A few comments

Three Giants and Ghrek spawned over the hill after you say the trigger phrase correctly and charged. I AE Snared and Quadded them down.

Ring 5

Scarbrow...

The Ry'Gorr Messenger ran at SoW speed. I didn't see any mention of him having his quick of feet.

The Scarbrow fight I didn't actually get a chance to check the mechanics of the orcs, I just killed him and turned in the head. Will test that later to see if they come in in waves.

Ring 6

Korridain/Tardok...

Seemed to work fine, Icefang pathed, Poxfang spawned, killed both and turned in. Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. But I didn't get to follow Icefang through his entire path I got distracted.

Ring 7

Warden Bruke's guard mechanic worked, he is also correctly 100% MR.

Corbin Blackwell's script worked, pathed, spawned all the mobs. I killed them all and he resumed pathing.

Only bug in this one is in the dialogue. Here is the dialogue from Mac server:

Quote:
[Thu Jul 12 12:50:39 2012] Corbin Blackwell says 'I have escaped! With the help of our friends here I was saved from certain death. We are in their debt.'
[Thu Jul 12 12:50:39 2012] Dobbin Crossaxe says 'We thought it was too late, the Dain will be very pleased!'
[Thu Jul 12 12:51:26 2012] Dobbin Crossaxe says 'Please friend, show me your Mithril ring and I will show you our gratitude.'

[Thu Jul 12 12:51:39 2012] Dobbin Crossaxe says 'Thank you, Darchon, your deeds will be mentioned to the Dain. Please take this note from Corbin to Garadain, it may help him to achieve victory over the enemy.'
The bolded line is missing from P99 Beta. This is what I just experienced on Beta:

Quote:
[Mon Dec 08 21:07:10 2014] Corbin Blackwell says 'I have escaped! With the help of our friends here I was saved from certain death. We are in their debt.'
[Mon Dec 08 21:07:10 2014] Dobbin Crossaxe says 'We thought it was too late, the Dain will be very pleased!'
[Mon Dec 08 21:10:28 2014] Dobbin Crossaxe says, 'Thank you, Daldaen, your deeds will be mentioned to the Dain. Please take this note from Corbin to Garadain, it may help him to achieve victory over the enemy.'

Ring 8

War proceeded today as expected.

Got 8th ring just fine.

There are 2 groups of Coldain (Paladin of Brell, Priest of Brell, Royal Wolven Guard x 2) who don't appear to take part in the battle, nor do they assist on other mobs if you drag them to them. Dunno if they become inactive after Garadain despawns or what...

Ring 9

Murdick Tardok - Invising near him triggers the mechanic correctly... but he currently sees invis.

Quote:
[Mon Dec 08 21:56:32 2014] Murdrick Tardok glowers at you dubiously -- he appears to be quite formidable.
[Mon Dec 08 21:56:36 2014] Lapker Geynion regards you indifferently -- he appears to be quite formidable.
[Mon Dec 08 21:56:43 2014] You appear.
[Mon Dec 08 21:56:45 2014] Murdrick Tardok glowers at you dubiously -- he appears to be quite formidable.
[Mon Dec 08 21:56:51 2014] Herga Ratgur glowers at you dubiously -- she appears to be quite formidable.
Last edited by Daldaen; 12-22-2014 at 09:50 AM..