Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

it's not. But about luclin - I don't get the hate for it. I didn't like it in particular, but it did not offend my soul like it seems to have done to some of you.
I tried green for a bit, but y'know what? It kind of sucks. The only reason I liked it in 1999 was because I had never played anything further along. I am a masochist...I mean, I always main a Ranger...but that doesn't mean I want a lot of the stuff they added in and fixed BECAUSE IT SUCKED to be undone so I can re-experience the the pain BUT this time with full knowledge. Not everything they added over the years wrecked the game. I like cars, have for years, but that doesn't mean I want to buy a Ford Model A and use it as my main car.
I liked AA's - one because they finally fixed my class to some extent, but also because I *like* to grind, a lot of people do. I thoughts the cats were kinda dumb, and most of teh zones were meh, but whatever. Luclin was a testing ground for PoP, which I consider the pinnacle of EQ. You can definitely see the beginning of all the stuff that they would carry through to ridiculous lengths - de-specializing the classes, even more mudflation, even more rapid travel, more AAs, gear dropping easier at lower levels, etc. But PoP to me is the sweet spot - retained enough of the classic feel to still be EQ, added a huge layer of complex quests lines and cool dungeons, tons of tradeskills work so they finally became what they had been intended to be, had a very cool overarching storyline, etc. Personally, I would have not done the travel books, I agree that that was a really bad move but again it did not sear my soul with agony as it seems to for so many here.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

The Devs of p99 have stated many times their disdain for Luclin/PoP so it aint happening unless they change their views all of a sudden. It'd also likely take a long time to implement based on previous beta lengths and the introduction of AAs. Sad because a PoP server would be great for many.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

well, that's what The Al Kabor project (TAKP) is about. In luclin now, good devs, some of them from P99, low pop but very good quality peeps. It uses an era-correct client, allows boxing limited to 3. They are actively working on PoP.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's not. But about luclin - I don't get the hate for it. I didn't like it in particular, but it did not offend my soul like it seems to have done to some of you.
I tried green for a bit, but y'know what? It kind of sucks. The only reason I liked it in 1999 was because I had never played anything further along. I am a masochist...I mean, I always main a Ranger...but that doesn't mean I want a lot of the stuff they added in and fixed BECAUSE IT SUCKED to be undone so I can re-experience the the pain BUT this time with full knowledge. Not everything they added over the years wrecked the game. I like cars, have for years, but that doesn't mean I want to buy a Ford Model A and use it as my main car.
I liked AA's - one because they finally fixed my class to some extent, but also because I *like* to grind, a lot of people do. I thoughts the cats were kinda dumb, and most of teh zones were meh, but whatever. Luclin was a testing ground for PoP, which I consider the pinnacle of EQ. You can definitely see the beginning of all the stuff that they would carry through to ridiculous lengths - de-specializing the classes, even more mudflation, even more rapid travel, more AAs, gear dropping easier at lower levels, etc. But PoP to me is the sweet spot - retained enough of the classic feel to still be EQ, added a huge layer of complex quests lines and cool dungeons, tons of tradeskills work so they finally became what they had been intended to be, had a very cool overarching storyline, etc. Personally, I would have not done the travel books, I agree that that was a really bad move but again it did not sear my soul with agony as it seems to for so many here.
i hated every single one of these things and every single reason you like them, and that's why I hated Luclin
Old 12-08-2019, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah. I already knew that, man. I was just talking about me. Not everybody feels the same as you do, is my point.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. I already knew that, man. I was just talking about me. Not everybody feels the same as you do, is my point.
Chill response.
Closed Thread