Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 02:46 AM
Aviak

Default A true look at joining Red as a new player.

-I'm about three weeks into playing red- forgive me if any of this information about your guilds are wrong- this is just based off my experiences as I have been leveling.

The main thing I have noticed about this server is there are no anti pk guilds. its more of a wow style horde(empire) v alliance(most other guilds). which would be fine and all, but the problem is the alliance guilds aren't even the good guys. If you are not tagged by either of these factions both will attack you. So its really a mess for a new player.

going where your best chance to find a group is will lead you to a bored fungi/epic rogue twink or sk. This is more based on the server being stuck in Kunark for so long that people get bored- it is also a product of the no anti pk guilds.

When grouping with other new players like myself its a blast, monks wearing full cloth using their fist, pally in full bronze. the exp bonus makes the server very easy to make friends to level up with.

Something needs to be done about the global /ooc, its just consistently spammed with "look at me talk" from people wanting to be noticed. With the low population and everyone /anon its a must to keep on for a new player to find groups tho otherwise I would just turn it off.

The best thing to me about the red server is ironically is the pve, exp bonus/camps always open is a great way to meet people leveling up. When I did encounter pvp vs non twinked to hell players it was a blast, sadly these are far and few between.

If you are thinking about joining this server, apply to a major guild early. If your trying to lone wolf it into your 50s. be close to your bind spot because your kos to 99% of the server.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:16 AM
Banned

whats your toons name i'd like to help you out in-game
Old 05-03-2015, 05:08 AM
Sarnak

Joined on January 31, with no support and my only EQ experience was a blue 29 druid from 2001. Solo'd until 46 picking zones wisely and reading about PvP. Talked to other necros for tips. Self made gear up to that point. Sure it took me away from some people, and I had to set aside time to farm plat for my own gear, but I was mid 40's with a positive kill death ratio.

I will tell you the same thing the first guy to kill me told me, drop the blue mentality now. The earlier you start attacking people the better. If you want to wander the zones being the one attacked fine, but just accept you are playing a fast blue server with griefers (in your mind).

That was the best advice. This is red. There are twinks. Guess what, and mid levels and above they aren't that great if you can get the jump.

The blue mentality is what holds so many new players back. They keep telling themselves they will pvp "once they have gear." That is why so many flock to empire or fresh. There are awesome pvpers in those guilds. But behind those groups are players who just want an easier blue.

One guy called me an asshole for killing him and just wait until he got gear. He is still 8-20. Never got any better with gear because he didn't get the difference between red and blue.

To the griefers and pvpers on this server, thanks. Most people on this server will tell you what you did wrong when you die. The core of this server wants to fight. Or as Nirgon put it, "Wolves, Sheepdogs, Sheep." If you need an anti-pk guild, then you ate sheep looking for a sheepdog...

Welcome to red, now fo sucker punch a few people until you understand that is our server. Took me about 10 fights to begin to "get" red and to fight better.

TT
Old 05-03-2015, 05:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAPhoenix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The core of this server wants to fight.
I'd be surprised if even 10% of the server wanted pvp anymore.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susvain2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats your toons name i'd like to help you out in-game
This is the guy that is always saying look at me in OOC btw.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

The problem, and reason, there's no anti-PKers is because MOST of the lowlevel toons at this point are just people's alts.

They don't get guild tagged til theyre in their 50s so they don't get griefed while leveling up.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAPhoenix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Joined on January 31, with no support and my only EQ experience was a blue 29 druid from 2001. Solo'd until 46 picking zones wisely and reading about PvP. Talked to other necros for tips. Self made gear up to that point. Sure it took me away from some people, and I had to set aside time to farm plat for my own gear, but I was mid 40's with a positive kill death ratio.

I will tell you the same thing the first guy to kill me told me, drop the blue mentality now. The earlier you start attacking people the better. If you want to wander the zones being the one attacked fine, but just accept you are playing a fast blue server with griefers (in your mind).

That was the best advice. This is red. There are twinks. Guess what, and mid levels and above they aren't that great if you can get the jump.

The blue mentality is what holds so many new players back. They keep telling themselves they will pvp "once they have gear." That is why so many flock to empire or fresh. There are awesome pvpers in those guilds. But behind those groups are players who just want an easier blue.

One guy called me an asshole for killing him and just wait until he got gear. He is still 8-20. Never got any better with gear because he didn't get the difference between red and blue.

To the griefers and pvpers on this server, thanks. Most people on this server will tell you what you did wrong when you die. The core of this server wants to fight. Or as Nirgon put it, "Wolves, Sheepdogs, Sheep." If you need an anti-pk guild, then you ate sheep looking for a sheepdog...

Welcome to red, now fo sucker punch a few people until you understand that is our server. Took me about 10 fights to begin to "get" red and to fight better.

TT
LOL see now this is the problem with the leaderboards; and the server in general. Attacking a player whos at 15% hp and has a mob on him, while technically "PVPing," is really just GRIEFING.

The leaderboards only serve to encourage this nonsense as well as all the deleveling ubertwinks which are in far greater number than they ever were on live.

Live did in fact have "anti-PK" guilds. They were some of the most active PVPers, too! They were generally in place to deal with said ubertwink griefers. On this server
you don't have that because the ubertwinks are all alts of high level players from the same guild.

I've yet to see ONE twink PVP against another twink. Instead they kill everyone else in Unrest then form an ubergroup of fungi-epic-noobs to XP insanely fast.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to hammbone

just dont start them tears up in the forums.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
LOL see now this is the problem with the leaderboards; and the server in general. Attacking a player whos at 15% hp and has a mob on him, while technically "PVPing," is really just GRIEFING.
You missed the point...he just needs to start attacking people in general to get last the reservations he had around pvp. When I say jump people I mean while they are running through a zone. Once I attacked people fighting mobs, a group of six and three of us were running through to a camp we wanted in Guk.

It's the mindset that pvp is bad, or that pvp should only be used in certain circumstances that holds this server back. I play the game expecting to be attacked. The amount of people who come over from blue and say they only want to pvp over camps or who think it is gear holding them back is astounding.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Orc

Good post OP.
Closed Thread