Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're 50 and he's 53 I still recommend kedge mermaids. Insane xp bonus in the zone and every third mermaids drops a 100p+ gem. They're good till 55 or 56. Charm Shellara Ebbhunter and give her two weapons.

If you need to CR, it's easy because nothing sees invis. The xp is so fast though, usually it's better to just keep XPing and then do more than one res at the same time.
Can you tell me what area of the zone the mermaids are in? Is it just 1 camp or multiple rooms we would move around. I've never been to KK since the old days for Phinny raids, I'm down for trying anything but not sure where to go in the zone. What other mobs are worth charming if the named is not up?
Old 05-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you tell me what area of the zone the mermaids are in? Is it just 1 camp or multiple rooms we would move around. I've never been to KK since the old days for Phinny raids, I'm down for trying anything but not sure where to go in the zone. What other mobs are worth charming if the named is not up?
To get there: From the entrance, swim down the center column to the lower floor, which has 4 rooms. 2 are dark and 2 are light - go into the light one that only has a down tube (the other has both a down and up.) In the light room that has a down tube, halfway down is the entrance to the mermaid area (all the way down takes you to a room where cauldron bubble spawns.)

What the mermaid area looks like: The mermaid area is large and split into 2 main areas - an upper one and a lower one (the temple). Upper one has 8 spawns: 3 in left room, 2 ahead, and 3 to the right in the circle overlooking the temple. 1 of the 3 in the room that overlooks the temple is a wanderer.

Lower area is a large temple with around 12 mermaids - 4 in the center and 4 in pockets on each side. (You can pull the 3 groups separately.)

There's also a named, Estrella, that spawns in the temple on 24h timer. Estrella sees invis.

How to proceed: check all the areas for Shellara. If she's not up, just start with any other mermaid and you'll see by the hit strength which one is a good pet. She'll pop soon enough.

Usually I would start up top. Charm the wanderer, kill the 3 room to the left of where you come into the mermaid area, then the 2 room, then 2 in the circle room. Following that, the 4 in the center of the temple, then either wing followed by the other. (If Shellara is up then just start wherever she is.)

Tips: Always fight with your backs to a wall or you won't be able to channel if you're getting hit. When breaking in, always use lull to pre-lull each mob in a room. Get the ones you aren't engaged with mezzed as soon as possible. The mermaids are rangers and druids so they cast a lot (they can all be mana tapped by enchanter.) They also have fairly low hp so they die quickly.

If you can't keep them all down it's better to skip a room so that you're there waiting on pop. That's because splitting them is mana intensive and is nicer for your pet to engage them before they put their thorns on.

On charm break, use an ae stun, then a level 4 mez, then tash and recharm. (You can also additionally lull before recharming.) When the mez wears off give pet a junk buff in that slot. It will usually self buff too. This is just to prevent charm dispels.
Last edited by Victorio; 05-03-2017 at 02:12 PM..
Old 05-03-2017, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Also-
The cleric can also help with stuns but usually on a break just spam your biggest heal on the enchanter.

Take your time and get the hang of it. It's got a high learning curve. The xp is phenomenal though (when I did it, it was less than 3 hours each for 51, 52, and maybe 4 hours for 53, 8 for 54 (hell).) Also, make sure you have plenty of bag space for the gems since they don't stack (mithril amulet, star ruby earring, fire emerald ring).

It's also a good idea sometimes to slow the mob you're fighting so you don't have two fast hitters when your pet breaks.
Last edited by Victorio; 05-03-2017 at 02:29 PM..
Old 05-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. I will see about trying this on the weekend
Closed Thread