Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been so long since I killed guards for exp, I can't remember when they go green. I do know as long as they are blue, it's a hard camp to beat.

Specters in feerrott or Oasis of Marr probably offer the best exp, and decent loot. Scythes, gems and pp aren't bad. Specters are heavily camped, but I've noticed that there is a lot of turnover, especially in Feerott.

Other than that, there's giants in Wraithe and giants in Everfrost at later levels.
I always wondered why people generally don't go after spectres in OOT. Rarely camped, plus they're on the same island as gargoyles. I spent a little time wiping out goblin camps in butcherblock so I could vendor with the dwarf guy on the sister island (skel form). Wasn't a ton of faction work- maybe a couple hours of slaughtering goblins/crags. Then I just bound near the dwarf, skel form, then could sell off my spectre loot. Since it's in the zone, you don't even lose your pet when you vendor. Just pet /guard, gate, and run back to spec island after you vendor.

Nice thing about this is if you stop to med or whatever you just sic your pet on the gargoyles/skeletons that are wandering around on the island and get some ez plat from eyes. If some lowbie comes around and wanted to kill gargs of course I'd let them have at it, but otherwise why not?
Old 08-24-2018, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Copy paste of a previous post:

I've posted this several times. While leveling I tend to avoid drops and focus on vendor trash as I found it more consistent.

Kurns 12-19 -sell bonechips, chance at Solist wand
Warsilik's Woods, Giant fort 19-29 -lots of vendor goods, chance at forest loop
South Karana, Treants 29-35 -easy 5-10k depending on your luck
West Commons, Druids 34-39 -almost always drop 2x fine steel and sometimes gems, vendor right there.
Oggok Guards and Feerrott/Oasis Specters 39-46 -guards always drop 6p worth of junk, specs can drop bronze scythe for 12p.
Grobb Guards 46-51 -always drops at least 11p worth of junk.
Felwithe Guards 51-54 -guards always drop at least 20p worth of junk.
Wakening Lands, Faerie Dragons and Goos 54-56 - drops quest gems, worth 100p-1.5k. Goos can drop 0-330p worth of junk each (gogo double sapphire necklace).
Wakening Lands, Sentient Armor 56+ -More quest gems (only ever seen 100p-500p variety) or armor (vendor for ~10p/sell for 100p with patience).

All of these spots have vendors either in zone or adjacent. None of them rely on one money drop. Consistent Exp/plat is the name of the game.

From 1-56 Visko has earned ~90k without selling anything big. There are other camps that work out well for their level (top of my head, ancient croc in upperguk) but I'll take consistent vendor trash over praying for drops/my bad luck.

Edited to add: Visko's wearing the same gear at 56 that he was at level 1, ~5k worth of "twink" gear. AFK camps are great for undergeared/nontwinked casters. Twinked casters really only benefit by having a larger mana/Hp pool.. pointless if you're killing maybe 1-3 things then AFKing for respawn.
Last edited by Crawdad; 08-24-2018 at 01:02 PM..
Closed Thread