Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Default Suddenly crashing after playing for weeks.

Hi all. I have had P99 for about 3-4 weeks now and play it maybe a few hours a week. No issues, playing in a window at 1024x768 or 1600x1050. Not using WinEQ2 , although I have tried both when I started crashing.

Just yesterday I crash now pretty much randomly, usually when clicking or holding right click and turning my character. Any idea what would all of a sudden do this? I havn't changed any software or drivers on my machine.

I feel like it's graphics related since when I crash the window just goes gray and says "not responding" and I can still hear audio .....

any tips would be appreciated. thanks!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

Update.... I created a new character and it does not crash at all. After about 20 minutes of playing I decided to use the same UI on the new character as my cleric that is crashing and still everything works fine here.

Is there any settings that are character by character basis that may be causing the cleric to continually crash? It seems to happen sometime within the first 3 minutes that I am logged in.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Kobold

What class is your new character?
Old 03-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

Paladin. I figured it out though. I went into the toon that wasnt workings UI_settings.ini file and deleted a bunch of lines that were dealing with different resolutions that I had tried out, none of which I use anymore. It seemed to fix the issue. Very odd!