Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Generally speaking.. Spells 3-400pp ish and under are usually just given to the group member or needs it. For whatever reason.. items are more likely to require a roll rather than need before greed. I've seen a dude with 300k in armor force a roll on a 150plat item.

It's not bad at all though.
I don't fault the guy with 300k armor. That's 300k he can't spend on ports, consumables, etc. It's wrong to assume that someone with several thousand plat in armor also have several thousand plat in the bank. In most cases all of their plat is tied up in gear and 150 plat is good for a sow pot and a port.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't fault the guy with 300k armor. That's 300k he can't spend on ports, consumables, etc. It's wrong to assume that someone with several thousand plat in armor also have several thousand plat in the bank. In most cases all of their plat is tied up in gear and 150 plat is good for a sow pot and a port.
I mean......

aite
Old 01-13-2017, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

If a person in 300k armor can't afford a sow and a port... me in 500p of armor will never be able to =(.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a person in 300k armor can't afford a sow and a port... me in 500p of armor will never be able to =(.
You do realize you can't spend the gear you're wearing on things to use, right? Saving up 5k for a FBSS and spending it all on that is no different than saving up your plat and spending it all on a Fungi and CoF. Just because they have this stuff doesn't mean they're tunnel fatcats. And even if they have a few hundred plat for consumables, they are consumables. Sooner than later, that plat is spent and they have to get more. The banks don't pay interest and there is no bi-weekly paycheck that people get in plat, so it has to come from somewhere.

I'm just saying. If you play long enough will you get to the point where you're going to give up your gear to pay for a port? If you had 300k plat in gear, but 25 plat on your person and maybe a couple hundred in the bank reserved for a corpse run, are you going to pass on loot you can still sell for usable plat?

Besides, a 300k gear guy is probably carrying more than his share of the group output load, an equal roll on anything is plenty fair. He's only going to win that roll 1 out of 6 times on average. Now if he's been winning every roll on junk and he keeps taking it, then you can call him out for being a selfish douche.
Last edited by Ravager; 01-13-2017 at 03:04 PM..
Old 01-13-2017, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

So rich people shouldnt earn money for the job they do, is that what your saying? I dont get it at all. Why wouldnt everyone roll regardless of their gear?
Old 01-13-2017, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Settle down neckbeards. It'll be ok. I just was fortunate to have never had a greed before need game play before. My eq live experience, including beta and launch, was much different than the ideology posted here. Typically a person who can afford to twink alts, with that type of money, farms or sells MQs of high end to finance themselves rather than worry about items of 150p caliber. But alas this isn't a typical server with typical players. Sorry for relating my gaming life to a niche server. My mistake.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

I see, so they should spend more of their time farming for plat instead and donate their gaming time to groups. Sounds fair.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Settle down neckbeards. It'll be ok. I just was fortunate to have never had a greed before need game play before. My eq live experience, including beta and launch, was much different than the ideology posted here. Typically a person who can afford to twink alts, with that type of money, farms or sells MQs of high end to finance themselves rather than worry about items of 150p caliber. But alas this isn't a typical server with typical players. Sorry for relating my gaming life to a niche server. My mistake.
No need to apologize ^^, you'll warm up to the liberal atmosphere and mutual respect we hold for one another or run crying back to the familiar abuse of your communist safe space soon enough

*hugs*(^∇^)
Old 01-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Need before Greed

OR

/random GREED IS KING

you decide.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no pixel welfare on this server
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

It's all individual til you hit the typical high end farm camps.

Generally need before greed applies to the following in pick-up groups:
Spells (MAIN EXCEPTION: Torpor, sorry shamans...get a guild group if you want a chance at this one.)
mid- to low-end gear
All no-drop stuff
Epic drops (if needy class is in group), even if they can be MQed
Sometimes the Velious armor piece drops/gems - but you rarely take a pick-up group to places where you get this stuff. (EXCEPTION: BP gems)
You've got obviously shit gear (raw-hide on a level 30?? PERISH THE THOUGHT) and an upgrade drops, even if it's valuable (mainly applies to <50 groups - after about 55 people will be much less forgiving of noobishness)

Always greed roll in pick-up groups:
Fungi tunic
Tstaff
Hiero cloak
Hiero staff
Raid items (EX: the cards in PoM)
Vendor trash (unless alphabetical loot order is established)
Low level crap no one actually wants
Anything that sells for more than 1k in tunnel (or something valuable in a zone with few valuable drops)
Stuff like Tolan's armor, etc, in KC

There are trends in most zones regarding what gets rolled on and what is NBG.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Closed Thread