Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure how you went from "rich guy in 300k gear wanting a 150pp item" to "pass on everything no matter what they are wearing".
I'm sorry you can't follow logic. What does it matter that he's in 300k armor? What does it matter that he wants to roll on a 5k item or a 150p item? He's part of the group same as you, if he wants something that you want, just roll on it. Shaming someone out of loot is kind of dickish. Everyone's playing the same game. Nobody "needs" anything more than the next guy.
Last edited by Ravager; 01-14-2017 at 11:31 AM..
Old 01-14-2017, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry you can't follow logic. What does it matter that he's in 300k armor? What does it matter that he wants to roll on a 5k item or a 150p item? He's part of the group same as you, if he wants something that you want, just roll on it. Shaming someone out of loot is kind of dickish. Everyone's playing the same game. Nobody "needs" anything more than the next guy.
Tell that to the people corpsing fungis or AC rings.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry you seem unable to defend a point of view without being passive-aggressive.

Adding 150 plat to your net worth doesn't have the same importance to the guy who can afford walking around with 300k worth of gear on them than to the guy running around in bronze or banded armor because it is their first character and they are noob.

If you fail to understand that, you are, unfortunately, not qualified to continue arguing with me.

TLDR: be nice to the noobs and some day they may remember that and help you back.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is Ravager we're talking about, he's not the full ticket.
I had no idea who he was, assumed a normal person. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

If there is a default (which there isn't) its more likely than not GREED on p99.

If you join a camp where you know something worthwhile drops (and it matters to you) you should always ask how the group is doing loot BEFORE the item drops. If you don't like the answer you shouldn't group.

The problems usually don't arise from being GREED vs. Need...most of the problem is when the loot drops and folks get surprised that they aren't allowed to roll. If someone defects from the pre-agreed upon loot rules (i.e. ninja loots) you can get server staff involved if it is really important.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Adding 150 plat to your net worth doesn't have the same importance to the guy who can afford walking around with 300k worth of gear on them than to the guy running around in bronze or banded armor because it is their first character and they are noob.
It's not about net worth, it's about utility. When you have 300k in gear but no plat in the bank for ports sow pots or any other expendables you may have, you'll understand. Telling everyone with better gear than you that they should go farm their plat (while still welcoming their service in the group) is just as dickish as someone who loots every gem before the mob hits the ground.

Besides, you've mistaken me, I am not saying 300k guy deserves loot more or less, I'm saying I don't fault one for wanting to roll on something. If he's being a loot whore, of course put the screws to him just like anyone else who's being a loot whore in a group. But assuming he can't use a 150p item as much as anyone else is idiotic.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I had no idea who he was, assumed a normal person. Thanks for the heads up!
I'm not normal, but you're in trouble if you're taking your cues from Swish.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:06 AM
Kobold

I pretty much always group with 3 of the same people every night so if you happen to be filling in one of the two spots we have open you will be partaking in NBG loot rules.

We have actually surprised a few people in the past who have joined us and an item dropped they could use and we let them have it. Luckily the opposite hasn't happened yet, but i think from now on i will try and pay more attention on being forthcoming with how we are doing loot when people join to avoid any people just assuming greed and then getting all pissy.
Closed Thread